Blue Plastic Tracks
I Wish Tomy Would...!? - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: I Wish Tomy Would...!? (/thread-173.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: I Wish Tomy Would...!? - Super - 12-21-2018

Thank you so much for the offer Nigels, you are the best, but I will pass this time although it is temping. Smile

RE: I Wish Tomy Would...!? - WoodWheel92 - 12-21-2018

I wish TOMY would bring back the non-static, free-rolling middle wheel on their Thomas engine chassis (ala Henry, Gordon, James), and utilize Diesel for a three-pack, as he does appear prominently in the show and there isn't currently a TOMY Diesel in production for that need

RE: I Wish Tomy Would...!? - Off The Rails - 12-21-2018

(12-21-2018, 09:39 AM)WoodWheel92 Wrote: ...and utilize Diesel for a three-pack, as he does appear prominently in the show and there isn't currently a TOMY Diesel in production for that need
This quote brings up and interesting question about how Tomy (or Mattel for that matter) decides what to produce. They obviously aren’t in the stage of “make ‘em all” anymore but sometimes the omissions are strange. I’m sure character popularity and prominence play a role but I wonder if market saturation plays a part. Diesel, for example, is a prominent character but older issues of him are still fairly easy to find. Maybe his popularity is weak in Asia as compared to say, North America or Europe?

I’ve wondered the same thing with “real world” Plarail items too. Why is there so little separate rolling stock but certain trains and locomotives are produced in numerous variations every few years?

RE: I Wish Tomy Would...!? - plarnold - 12-22-2018

(12-20-2018, 12:40 PM)Super Wrote: Thank you Plarnold

Is that the one that has just the 2 side headlights but not the nose cone? Is there a picture somewhere or is it new?

EDIT:
Oh, this one Plarnold? Guess I answered my question...What are the differences? ...Upon further investigation, this Tokyo Station train does have the updated chassis and motor.

[Image: 1098359-orig.jpg]

If I remember correctly, the difference is not in the lights but the top of the train. The event exclusive one has a different switch position.
Both are ivory coloured but the event one is warmer (more yellow).
Both use the updated chassis but not the universal one.

There is in fact a third relatively recent (last five years) limited event release of the 0 Series Shinkansen out there that uses the old chassis. 

-plarnold

RE: I Wish Tomy Would...!? - Super - 12-22-2018

Thanks Plarnold

Which do you prefer...the Tokyo Station one or the Expo Exclusive. Is the Expo Exclusive one I picture the first one and might you know the year it was available? And does this third one you mention also have the nose cone and 2 side lights that work? Have a picture..maybe...please?

RE: I Wish Tomy Would...!? - Trainboy90 Productions - 12-26-2018

I wished TOMY made Plarail Non Thomas Locmotives from the US again (not just the Locomotives from Japan) like the Acela Express (It would have to use the 2 Speed Chassis though) , F7A Diesel, SP Daylight #4449, Union Pacific #844, and the NW J Class #611 (Possibily a heavily Modified Plarail Connor) as limited releases. I also wished they made more Plarail Generation Talking Characters (Edward, Henry, Toby, Victor, Duck, Oliver, Rosie, Flynn, Diesel 10, Diesel, Paxton, Dash, Bash, and etc).

RE: I Wish Tomy Would...!? - plarnold - 12-27-2018

(12-22-2018, 03:11 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks Plarnold

Which do you prefer...the Tokyo Station one or the Expo Exclusive. Is the Expo Exclusive one I picture the first one and might you know the year it was available? And does this third one you mention also have the nose cone and 2 side lights that work? Have a picture..maybe...please?

@Super,

There have been multiple Expo Limited Edition 0 Series releases in the past. The latest one being around 2017 which includes the light on the left and right and the translucent nose cone.

The 2013 Plarail Expo release does not have the light but is also Ivory in colour.

The 2014 release in the Tokyo Station Anniversary set is similar to the 2017 release. It has an Ivory colour and has the left and right headlights with the translucent nose cone.

I only have the 2014 release so wouldn't be able to compare.

-plarnold

RE: I Wish Tomy Would...!? - Super - 12-27-2018

Thank you Plarnold, what would I do without your knowledge?

So does any of the releases have a light up nosecone or are they all translucent and get the lighting indirectly from the sides?

RE: I Wish Tomy Would...!? - plarnold - 12-28-2018

@Super,

I believe they are all lit up by the side lights.

-plarnold

RE: I Wish Tomy Would...!? - Super - 12-28-2018

Many Thanks Plarnold. I will have to get busy watching some YouTube videos so I can decide which one I want.

EDIT
I see there is also one with red nose and side lights and a Dr Yellow which is odd for a train right? Is this representative of a real lead engine and not the rear?