Blue Plastic Tracks
Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game (/thread-956.html)

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - ROCKINATOR - 05-09-2015

BoCo?
EDIT I didnt see that Chrisjo got it right.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - chrisjo - 05-09-2015

(05-09-2015, 06:02 PM)NWRMainLineTerminal Wrote: Sorry chrisjo, I didn't see your reply, yes you are correct. Go ahead.

OK, thanks.

What (now) politically incorrect word written by the Rev. Awdry was replaced by a four word phrase in the 1972 re-print of the RWS book in which it appeared?

You may use asterisks in your answer if your sensitivities don't allow you to type the full word.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - HankAmericanEngine - 05-09-2015

(05-09-2015, 07:22 PM)chrisjo Wrote: OK, thanks.

What (now) politically incorrect word written by the Rev. Awdry was replaced by a four word phrase in the 1972 re-print of the RWS book in which it appeared?

You may use asterisks in your answer if your sensitivities don't allow you to type the full word.

Oh! I'm going to be safe and simply put it as such: N***ers.

Not being perverse or foul-mouthed, but you can get into heaps of trouble with the mere utterance of the word.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - chrisjo - 05-09-2015

(05-09-2015, 08:24 PM)HankAmericanEngine Wrote: Oh! I'm going to be safe and simply put it as such: N***ers.

Not being perverse or foul-mouthed, but you can get into heaps of trouble with the mere utterance of the word.

Correct! I thought that might be a bit harder, but apparently not.

In my 1951 edition of Henry, The Green Engine, in the story Henry's Sneeze, it says:

"Smoke and steam and ashes spouted from his funnel. They went all over the bridge, and all over the boys who ran away as black as (Bleeped Out)"

20 plus years later, this was changed to:

"...who ran away as black as soot."

From which you will observe that my question wasn't constructed quite right, but never mind, HankAmericanEngine saw through it quickly enough.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - HankAmericanEngine - 05-09-2015

(05-09-2015, 09:23 PM)chrisjo Wrote: Correct! I thought that might be a bit harder, but apparently not.

In my 1951 edition of Henry, The Green Engine, in the story Henry's Sneeze, it says:

"Smoke and steam and ashes spouted from his funnel. They went all over the bridge, and all over the boys who ran away as black as (Bleeped Out)."

20 plus years later, this was changed to:

"...who ran away as black as soot."

From which you will observe that my question wasn't constructed quite right, but never mind, HankAmericanEngine saw through it quickly enough.

Thanks @"chrisjo"; I just didn't want to spark a debate or offend anyone present on the site.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - HankAmericanEngine - 05-12-2015

Going to continue with the game here.

This question is themed at the Skarloey Railway.

Which engine in the show replaced Ivo Hugh?

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - ROCKINATOR - 05-12-2015

Fearless Freddie.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - HankAmericanEngine - 05-12-2015

(05-12-2015, 08:30 PM)ROCKINATOR Wrote: Fearless Freddie.

That is correct. Your turn, ROCKINATOR.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - ROCKINATOR - 05-12-2015

Ok. After Henry was painted blue, how many stories (thomas and Bertie for example, does not include henry, but still counts as one) was he blue before he was painted green again?

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - ROCKINATOR - 05-13-2015

I see Ive stumped you guys. So I'm going to change the question. This question is directed at Tomy USA locomotives.
What country was Oliver NOT realeased in?