Blue Plastic Tracks
Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game (/thread-956.html)

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - Super - 06-18-2020

LOL...

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - DalaGStanator - 06-18-2020

I've just realised I was thinking of "The Flying Kipper" (which was in Henry the Green Engine, the book right after it), and even the harbour illustration doesn't show any. I never noticed the ones behind Terence before.

So, that basically means I unknowingly made the exact guess but cited the wrong book. How did I miss those when I looked through the Wikia galleries of books 1-14? Oh, well.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - Super - 06-20-2020

Was Da-lag correct? Whos tern might it be?

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - chrisjo - 06-20-2020

Correct enough, even though it was basically a guess.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - DalaGStanator - 06-20-2020

I corrected the book cited to Henry the Green Engine after I realised I thought of "The Flying Kipper" (only to find out there were none to be seen there either). Going by the rules, I'm still meant to be the next player to ask.

Which small real life island in the Irish Sea would no longer exist if Sodor were to exist? Obviously not the Isle of Man.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - Super - 06-23-2020

A small hint may be in order Da-lag as nobody has wagered a guess in a couple of days

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - TrainMan2001 - 06-23-2020

I can't find the name, but is it this one?
[Image: Screenshot-2020-06-22-19-31-02-2.png]

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - chrisjo - 06-23-2020

(06-23-2020, 01:33 AM)TrainMan2001 Wrote: I can't find the name, but is it this one?
That's Walney Island, which as you can see has been obliterated on this map...
[Image: image.png]

On most other maps, the Jubilee Bridge carries the A590 road from Barrow-in-Furness to Vickerstown on Walney Island, but in the alternative version above it crosses to Vicarstown on Sodor. Vickerstown is named after the Vickers engineering company who bought The Barrow Shipbuilding Company in 1897, acquiring its subsidiary the Maxim Guns and Ammunition Company at the same time, to become Vickers, Sons & Maxim.

The yard at Barrow became the "Naval Construction Yard". In 1901 the Royal Navy's first submarine, Holland 1, was launched there.

[Image: image.png]

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - DalaGStanator - 06-23-2020

I knew you would be the most likely to get that one. Over to you, Chris.

RE: Thomas & Friends Trivia or Fun Facts Game - chrisjo - 06-23-2020

(06-23-2020, 09:26 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: I knew you would be the most likely to get that one. Over to you, Chris.
It was TrainMan2001 who got it. His turn.