Blue Plastic Tracks
Shipping woes - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-35.html)
+--- Forum: General Forum (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Shipping woes (/thread-4058.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Shipping woes - rekp - 09-15-2020

or choose a uk based seller who charges the actual postage cost . £10 tracked and signed to japan .

RE: Shipping woes - Mister No - 09-15-2020

Tharazero1, I was ordering a lot of stuff from Amazon.com before Covid (books, some plarail stuff etc.), and shipping was always almost simbolic, sometimes even free. Now is two or three times the price (on everything)? I'm sure it has something to do with Covid: they are earning big bucks on it.

(09-15-2020, 02:01 PM)rekp Wrote: or choose a uk based seller who charges the actual postage cost . £10 tracked and signed to japan .

As I said, I might do just that. The same item on UK Amazon is £15.96 + £10.24 delivery.

RE: Shipping woes - Super - 09-15-2020

I too am feeling the pain. I am waiting for one of those months long, slow boat from China Japan for a couple of weeks now. I was pretty much forced to as the only shipping available from Japamart Agent is Japan Post Surface Mail. The last package I got from them was through DHL because I asked them for it and that package was under one pound for $48.00usd which in these times I thought to be fine and it arrived in less than 5 days.

The current package which is about one pound jumped t0 almost $150.00usd's for DHL and they said that was cheaper than FedEx. So for the first time I have used the slow shipping by boat method and it was only $26.00usd. This drives me nuts as I am an instant gratification type of guy and want my items in hand as fast as possible. So I keep waiting.

Any of you Jauce users had anything shipped recently and what methods do they offer and what were the costs?

Hard to believe that a fast global shipping method from the UK is only 10.24bps. When I look at the items on Ebay UK the shipping to the USA is higher than that even before Covid.

RE: Shipping woes - MuddyPoppins - 09-15-2020

Plandemic/ Scamdemic...never let a good crisis go to waste.

(09-15-2020, 03:26 PM)Super Wrote: Hard to believe that a fast global shipping method from the UK is only 10.24bps. 

That's the amount:
[Image: Snimka-zaslona-83.jpg]

Ok, UK is closer to me than US, but anyway... $58.48 shipping for a $15 train at amazon.com is just nuts. 
Moreover, amazon.com pre-covid shipping costs (when the item was sold and shipped by amazon.com) were very reasonable. And now this.

@ Muddy: Good point. Sir Winston Churchill predicted this!  Rolleyes

Isn't that shipping price for residents of the UK?

No, look, it's delivery to "Zagreb, 10000". Same price appears in my shopping cart.

Wow, then that is a terrific price. Is that a Prime price.

Didn't know what Zagreb, 10000 was and I couldn't find the Amazon Global shipping words. Can't beat that. I don't want one of these but I think I will just see what the shipping would be for me as a curious test.

EDIT:
Holy smokes...if I had bought that from Amazon UK its only 13.96 Amazon Global Priority Wow....

Shipping woes NZ - AOF04 - 09-15-2020

Shipping is a joke at the moment. 
For us that live in New Zealand we got hit the first time last year, which we have discussed on a different thread, when New Zealand decided to collect GST from all overseas sellers.  Amazon decided rather than roll out the GST to all there sites, they would only do it to the US version.  This meant we could no longer purchase from Amazon Japan or Amazon UK.  I do know I can use Buyee to still purchase from Amazon Japan, but since the change, the Amazon Japan website is horrible to use and they always seem to have no stock of anything.
Then Covid hits and all shipping to New Zealand stopped.
It has slowly restarted, but slowly being the word.
Now when I order my shipment from Jauce it takes a week to get organised and packaged up.  Japan opened EMS to New Zealand, but instead of it being delivered within a week like it used to be, it actually takes 4-5 weeks.  My guess is it doesn't go by plane, goes by slow ship now, yet they still charge the same price.  They say they offer DHL, but only if EMS isn't working to your country.

Edit: I have a parcel I organised with Buyee that has now been sitting in Tokyo for 8 days.  Hasn't even departed yet.

RE: Shipping woes - Tharazero1 - 09-16-2020

Hmmm that's weird. With my parcel that I ordered from Buyee was on a ship within 3 days, truly astonishing.