Blue Plastic Tracks
2014 Trackmaster redesign - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Trackmaster Thomas and Friends (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: 2014 Trackmaster redesign (/thread-300.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: 2014 TrackMaster redesign - jdogman - 07-18-2014

http://www.target.com/p/thomas-friends-thomas-special-5-pack-exclusive-train/-/A-15355079#prodSlot=medium_1_49&term=thomas+and+friends

I'm jealous, I thought that these types of packs couldn't exist because they would be too big and expensive? It's a great buy regardless of the redesign since you're not going to get an extra Thomas.

RE: 2014 Trackmaster redesign - Ucwepn - 07-18-2014

" Motorized train play is compatible with most TrackMaster track and playsets (sold separately)."

Are they for real!!?? Lies and more lies!

RE: 2014 Trackmaster redesign - Super - 07-18-2014

LOL...It also says "Battery: Required, not included, 2 Alkaline AA* either a misprint or the copy and pasted text from Trackmaster was not proofread. Don't the new ones take AAA's? And where in the world do you buy the other track that the "most Trackmaster track" refers to? This is all becoming so laughable like a Keystone Cops movie and I am getting a good chuckle with what you guys post about this new line. Funny if it wasn't so sad.

RE: 2014 Trackmaster redesign - Ucwepn - 07-18-2014

Hi Super, you are indeed correct my friend it is 2x AAA! I do not know which track and sets they refer to myself either haha. I honestly could see a lot of store returns occurring due to this new series of "Trackmaster" where children get very upset due to the drastic change (especially some of the special needs children) and regular consumers too who do not like the change and have large Trackmaster/TOMY collections. I don't feel this new track system is any good, its flimsy, it doesn't connect properly, it warps out of shape, there's a lack of enough support piers in the Gordon's hill set specifically.

If you watch Trackmaster village's videos of late he has the new system up and running and it just seems to lack any sort of quality that we were used to. I'd say we were very spoiled compared to what they sell now.

My guess (let the conspiracy theories begin lol) is that TOMY hold the rights to the designs for all the previous locomotives and for Fisher price/Mattel to use the designs they are required to pay some kind of royalty or fee. Now if they come up with a new track design and a new loco design they no longer have to pay the royalty or the fee because it is their own design. This is where it gets bad for the consumer who expects Trackmaster 2 to be compatible with Trackmaster 1 and so forth.

RE: 2014 Trackmaster redesign - sunhuntin - 07-18-2014

o geez! FAIL! shame on you, FP. Dodgy

RE: 2014 Trackmaster redesign - Super - 07-19-2014

[Image: roflmao.gif]

So funny now check out how badly the new design works on its own layout

I love this cute family's videos.

NEW Versus OLD Thomas & Friends Trackmaster Trains - Avalanche Escape

RE: 2014 Trackmaster redesign - emilyfan101 - 07-19-2014

wow,these redesign engines look badAngry at least there motors are quietTongue Diesel looks okay.he is the only okay one in the new rangeSmile

RE: 2014 TrackMaster redesign - jdogman - 07-19-2014

Seeing those videos with the engines in their element, I am a little impressed by their speed and how they handle the steep hills, but the detail is still a little bit squished and awkward looking. It looks like the engines are only meant to be pulling 1-2 cars and sure, I can see how that wasn't thought of and not "meant" to happen, even I keep my engines with two or three cars with my OCD, but the Plarail, Motor Road and Rail, and old TrackMaster engines could pull loads of cars without struggling and it probably wasn't intentional.

I can understand the old TrackMaster engines not working too well on the grey track, but it looks like for the new engines' backwards compatibility, they were just tested one on a circuit of brown track, went through a bridge and tunnel, didn't work with one old destination and the development and testing sections of Fisher-Price just went, "Yeah works basically but it probably doesn't work with more of the technical destinations so let's just stick a warning."

RE: 2014 TrackMaster redesign - jdogman - 07-23-2014

Found something I hadn't seen before on Totally Thomas, official information about the start of the new range from Fisher-Price. Prepare to cringe.

[Image: tehLRQG.jpg]

RE: 2014 Trackmaster redesign - Trackmaster-Rail-Yard - 07-23-2014

Wow. Just wow. When will the lies stop Mattel?