Blue Plastic Tracks
Whats this Set Called? - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Whats this Set Called? (/thread-3542.html)

Pages: 1 2

Whats this Set Called? - Super - 02-18-2019

Can anyone tell me what this set is called in English and besides what it says on the side of the Motorized Tanker (Power Charger) what the Tanker might be translated to?.

[Image: s-l1ii600.jpg]

RE: Whats this Set Called? - Trainfanz - 02-19-2019

The white text in the lower right is "Circle Town Set". Train is called "New Shuppo-kun" and the truck is "Tank Lorry." "Shuppo" is the sound of a steam engine chugging along. (shu-shu po-po)

RE: Whats this Set Called? - Super - 02-19-2019

Many thanks T-Fanz for this info that I can now use in my search.

I did not know that about what 'Shuppo' meant. For some reason, in my small mind, I always assumed the Shuppo was a character like Pokemon or Doraemon. Does anyone else thinks its unusual to use this word on a Shinkansen? There is a Steam Shuppo train that fits this but a bullet train?

That Tank Lorry must be hard to find or this set is as I don't think I have seen it around the Japan auctions before.

With your information I was able to pull up this video...really not much to the set other than the train and Tanker.

RE: Whats this Set Called? - Trainfanz - 02-19-2019

Dunno exactly, Super. I'm sure plenty of people over here say "Chugga chugga choo choo!" regardless if it's a steam train or not.

RE: Whats this Set Called? - Gerisplarail1 - 03-11-2019

Hi this is the biggest set from the Japanese children's TV show Adventure Asphalt Island where kids are on an island with sentient trains and vehicles. You are probably familiar with the yellow western style train from the series which also had the word shuppo on it representing the sound trains make in Japan. Obviously it is aimed to be recognized by children who love trains.
This line of Trains produced easily some of my favorites in the entire Tomy Plarail Line!

RE: Whats this Set Called? - Super - 03-11-2019

its the Lego Master...Hi Geris  Smile

Thanks for the information, we miss you around here.

RE: Whats this Set Called? - Trainfanz - 03-11-2019

Thanks for the information Geris. Found a good chunk of it on YouTube.

Shuppo-kun ends all his sentences in "-po" or "-po-po". Cute.

RE: Whats this Set Called? - sunhuntin - 03-11-2019

yay for geris! nice to see you online, bud. its been forver!!

RE: Whats this Set Called? - Off The Rails - 03-11-2019

Wow, I think I just watched a long format Plarail/Tomica commercial! Was that actually an episodic series? Now I need to do more research. I recall reading about the Shuppo train’s origin on Geris’s site but I never put all the pieces together until now.

Now, I think I really want Shuppo-kun! Big Grin

RE: Whats this Set Called? - Trainfanz - 03-11-2019

I've been tuning into a 20-minute Plarail commercial every week for about a year now. :p