Blue Plastic Tracks
What does your first trackmaster/Tomy train look like today? - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Trackmaster Thomas and Friends (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: What does your first trackmaster/Tomy train look like today? (/thread-4665.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

What does your first trackmaster/Tomy train look like today? - CooingSlinky11 - 07-12-2021

This is my old TOMY thomas, it is actually a hand-me-down from my older brother, but I'm pretty sure I inflicted most of the love, I've had it for as long as I can remember! It still works, but i also want to know what your childhood engines look like today!
[Image: mcU5E1k.png]

RE: What does your first trackmaster/Tomy train look like today? - GreatGordonFan - 07-12-2021

This is my first engine ever: Bash. I got him around about early 2012. You can't really see it on this image, but it's quite scratched up, especially around the coal bunker. However he works!
My second engine was this fisher price gordon. He is in storage at the moment and is heavily beaten up. He was at one point converted into an engine that runs on 2 aa batteries. He does not run and I do want him converted back one day.

[Image: 20210712-195007.jpg]
My first bash

RE: What does your first trackmaster/Tomy train look like today? - CooingSlinky11 - 07-12-2021

I really like it! I wonder what a Gordon converted to have 2 aa batteries looks like!

RE: What does your first trackmaster/Tomy train look like today? - TrainsRawesome - 07-12-2021

My first three engines were 2012 Thomas, Fisher-Price Talking Gordon, and Talking Flynn. I got them all as gifts back in 2012. Thomas is a little beat up but Gordon and Flynn are in pretty decent condition. Gordon is the only one that still works, and he does so quite well. Might I add that I wasn’t really one to show my toys a lot of “love”, even back then I always tried to keep them in good condition lol

[Image: 28-D20-E9-D-0414-4542-8973-BA35-CD625-F5-D.jpg]
[Image: 5465200-D-EBA8-4-AEF-9-AC5-86-B2047147-AE.jpg]
[Image: 8-BADED36-9-AF4-4-BF5-88-C5-EFDD5-D35-D7-EE.jpg]

RE: What does your first trackmaster/Tomy train look like today? - GreatGordonFan - 07-12-2021

I decided to take my gordon out to show off what the mod looked like and here he is!
Gordon is a character I have loved since the beginning. It's heavily beaten from how much i loved him.
[Image: 20210712-202115.jpg]
[Image: 20210712-202043.jpg]The aa mod. The pieces of wood were placed there to support the batteries.
[Image: 20210712-202451.jpg]He was also rewired. I cant quite remember why as the wires were intact.

RE: What does your first trackmaster/Tomy train look like today? - CooingSlinky11 - 07-12-2021

(07-12-2021, 07:20 PM)TrainsRawesome Wrote: My first three engines were 2012 Thomas, Fisher-Price Talking Gordon, and Talking Flynn. I got them all as gifts back in 2012. Thomas is a little beat up but Gordon and Flynn are in pretty decent condition. Gordon is the only one that still works, and he does so quite well. Might I add that I wasn’t really one to show my toys a lot of “love”, even back then I always tried to keep them in good condition lol

I really like your engines! I can't believe they're in such good condition!

(07-12-2021, 07:31 PM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: I decided to take my gordon out to show off what the mod looked like and here he is!
Gordon is a character I have loved since the beginning. It's heavily beaten from how much i loved him.

That's a great mod! I wonder if the two AA batteries would make it go faster cause a typical AA battery and C battery both have 1.5 volts. Also, most of my TOMY tender engines were rewired because the exposed wires snap easily.

@CooingSlinky11, Yes he went much faster than any other engine. Not even my series 100 shinkansen could beat him at speed 2!

Wow, that must be fast if it can go faster than the 2-speed engines!

RE: What does your first trackmaster/Tomy train look like today? - Super - 07-12-2021

Although I don't know how old you are Slink...it is commendable that you still have your first train. Me, on the other hand, never had a train growing up. I am a relic and I believe the only trains I knew of were Lionel back then and they were too expensive even back then for my parents to afford. The only things I had were model car kits and none of them survived.

RE: What does your first trackmaster/Tomy train look like today? - CooingSlinky11 - 07-13-2021

Thanks Super! I kept all of my trains. and to be fair, that thomas might not be my first since i also had a lot of other trains, but I used him the most. Also, I'm sorry to hear you couldn't get any trains growing up.