Blue Plastic Tracks
Plarail real class - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Plarail real class (/thread-5394.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Plarail real class - leylandvictory2 - 04-10-2023

I saw this picture in one of the Facebook groups

[Image: FB-IMG-1681136527107.jpg]

Does anybody have any more information about this new line? Is this the plarail advance 2.0?

RE: Plarail real class - Super - 04-10-2023

Thanks Leyland
Very interesting...you have my attention 😃

On THIS site they show a release date of the Plarail Real Class Odakyu Romance Car 3100 NSE as June 30th

Wonder if this new series will be featured in the upcoming Tokyo Plarail Expo on 4/27?

I am wondering if these are even motorized? Also wondering if thee may be metal when looking at the price. Anyone tried scanning that QR Code for any additional info, I can't do that.

RE: Plarail real class - HanoibusGamer - 04-10-2023

Here's some extra discussion about the new series I have managed to find: Link

NOTICE: ALL AVAILABLE PICTURES OTHER THAN THE BROCHURE ARE LIKELY TOMY SUPER RAIL.

Whoopsie, my bad, I should have looked more into what Twitter recommended to me....

NOTICE: ALL THESE IN THIS POST MAY NOT BE TRUE. THE PICTURES ARE FROM TOMY SUPER RAIL, NOT PLARAIL REAL CLASS.

Quite a few people have received their Plarail Real Class sets already, don't know why but here are the pictures:

Source

Source

Source

Alright so after I looked closely, the train is correct, but the rail is different from the brochure. All those received have metal rails, while the one in the brochure has a grey modified Plarail rail.

Last update for the investigative work I've done here, the boxes that likely contain these early copies of Plarail Real Class that Tomy sent to "early reviewers", I guess.

Source
[Image: Ft-WH6d4a-UAAgz-Vq.jpg]

RE: Plarail real class - DalaGStanator - 04-10-2023

So these new trains will have the same general proportions as Plarail, but with a realistic track system (like Super Rail but smaller) and a higher loading gauge to allow details like full pantographs? Some of the close ups show the power units still have traction tyres, so could it be they have friction (flywheel) motors or another alternative to batteries? Pull back would be impractical for a train and there's no wind up key, so surely there must be a need for the tyres. The new track looks really good, and it should have at least as many pieces as the early TrackMaster if not the normal blue/grey type.

Hmmm...the one Website I linked to above shows the box size as...which doesn't seem like the one pictured above.
Quote:Package: 220x290x45mm

Also, supposedly the trains come with 3 straight rails which don't match the picture above. I also think those are regular Plarail trains pictured above as they don't look like the ones pictured as the "Real Class" ones. The mystery continues....at least for me.

You can clearly see the old C battery contact inside the Romance engine

[Image: Ft-Wt-LEfa-YAAb-C6-S.jpg]

Yeah, I was on autopilot previously so I did not check the details closely.
For now none of the trains in the images looks identical to the one in the brochure so...I took all responsibility.
Even the one at the beginning looks quite close but not quite, I guess the only useful thing is the Yahoo discussion I linked I guess...

Yeah those pics are Tomy Super Rail instead, likely that because it's the exact rail type, I don't know how they all pop up today, not counting the relevant thread that is also brought up very recently.

Thanks Hanoi and thanks for always showing your sources 👍

RE: Plarail real class - chrisjo - 04-10-2023

Text below the words Plarail Real Class:

「プラレール リアルクラス」は、「飾る楽しみ」と「走らせる 楽しみ」その両方を目指したシリーズです。 これまでに った技術やノウハウを集結し、細部までこだわりきった 造形・塗装、今までなかった屋根やパンタグラフ・座席 表現など、よりリアルなプラレールをお楽しみください。

Google Translate:

"Plarail Real Class” is a series aimed at both “enjoyment of decorating” and “enjoyment of driving”. Bringing together the technology and know-how that we have accumulated so far, we hope you will enjoy more realistic PLARAIL, such as modeling and painting with attention to detail, and roofs, pantographs, and seats that have never been seen before.

Thanks Dr Chris

So if I read that right these are not motorized but just detailed display piece model kits?