Blue Plastic Tracks
thomas and friends mini series - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Toys/Other (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Thomas & Friends Minis (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-46.html)
+--- Thread: thomas and friends mini series (/thread-791.html)

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 05-13-2018

(05-13-2018, 03:42 AM)mikedaws Wrote: Thanks very much for going out to this event and checking things out. Sorry you didn’t get one of the birthday minis, but I hope the ice cream was good! Smile

I am sorry I couldn't get the minis either, I was hoping to get at least 2-3 so I can send the extras to you guys, which is why we went with friends and their kids Smile I was willing to trade them some of the other cool minis like Batman, Superman, Superwoman etc with their birthday minis which I am sure they'd jump at. Angel

It wasn't all waste, we had chance to explore the area (although crowded), kids got a chance to play with Super Station and do some coloring and play with lots of trains.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - drewbenn - 05-13-2018

(05-13-2018, 03:38 AM)Pablo392 Wrote: Also, it seems like they actually made packaging which I doubt will be exclusive to this event. Looks like a production package, and is it possible we might start seeing more Birthday engines, not just Thomas as part of the series in June like the lady mentioned?

That's not special packaging, those are stickers. Look at the picture with side-by-side packs, where the sticker lines up differently with Thomas. I do wish people would have posted pictures of the codes on the back of those packs Wink

This might be pretty far-fetched, but I'm also wondering if someone just very carefully opened some bags, hand-painted 73ish copies of a regular Thomas, sealed the bags back up and slapped a sticker on the front. We have plenty of customizers here on this board, what do you say: doable or not?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 05-13-2018

Drew, anything is possible and you are right, I didn't realize they were stickers.

However, my guess is that these were definitely not exclusive to this ice cream company/event, because it wasn't extravagant. I wish that they posted more pictures of the birthday engine so we could see if they are all identical, because they don't look hand-painted to my untrained eye. Yes, number on the back would be great since we can tell if the bags were reused or not.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 05-13-2018

(05-13-2018, 04:02 AM)drewbenn Wrote: That's not special packaging, those are stickers. Look at the picture with side-by-side packs, where the sticker lines up differently with Thomas. I do wish people would have posted pictures of the codes on the back of those packs Wink

This might be pretty far-fetched, but I'm also wondering if someone just very carefully opened some bags, hand-painted 73ish copies of a regular Thomas, sealed the bags back up and slapped a sticker on the front. We have plenty of customizers here on this board, what do you say: doable or not?

I’m sure we’ll be seeing these birthday Thomas’ pop up everywhere. I’m sure there will be numerous events over the summer. There’s no way this would be limited release. But I do agree that anything can be made or customized!

(05-13-2018, 04:00 PM)mikedaws Wrote: I’m sure we’ll be seeing these birthday Thomas’ pop up everywhere. I’m sure there will be numerous events over the summer. There’s no way this would be limited release. But I do agree that anything can be made or customized!

The other thing Mattel could do with this is make it a mail-away. Such as purchase X-number of blind bags and send in the proof of purchase. This way it would made available to everyone. It would also increase their blind bag sales or maybe encourage stores to get more product in and cycle through the older product that’s sitting on the shelves and in warehouses. Just my thought.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - ShyGundamGuy - 05-14-2018

@SF Bay Area WalMart
18 *new/old 2018/3 series bags:

0788D/0718D

215 *Neon Splatter Thomas
216 *Dragon Spencer
217 Robot Toby
218 *Pop Art Annie
219 *Neon Splatter Percy
220 *Blackberry Charlie
221 *Monkey Percy
222 *Pop Art Thomas
241 *Camo Stanley
242 *Pop Art D-10
243 Robot Charlie
286 *Yong Bao
288 Suger Daddy Toby
321 Dino Stephen
322 Dino Percy
323 Dino Ben
324 Dino Gator
325 Dino James
[Image: Honeyview_IMG_2720.jpg]

[Image: Honeyview_IMG_2721.jpg]

RE: thomas and friends mini series - jdogman - 05-14-2018

There's a first proper indication of the AFL Assortment (FTL33).

http://52.220.100.47/index.php/5a463f902b215.html

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 05-14-2018

Strange that in the description it describes the light up minis. But will be interesting to see how the AFL minis are sold.

Does anyone have any updated info on that Birthday Thomas that was given out over the weekend in New York? Will this mini be seen anywhere else?

RE: thomas and friends mini series - sunhuntin - 05-15-2018

none have been listed on ebay that i have seen. its always possible they were listed with BIN, and got snapped up quickly. wave 3 has appeared on there, though.

RE: thomas and friends mini series - mikedaws - 05-15-2018

I’ve been keeping my eye on eBay as well. I’m sure they will be popping up soon enough!

RE: thomas and friends mini series - Pablo392 - 05-15-2018

One person who received the birthday Thomas mini confirmed that the numbers on the back of the blind bags correspond to random engines.