Online Selling Shockers

332 Replies, 157749 Views

(05-20-2021, 02:01 PM)Viktor Wrote: Why do people think that Oliver is rare? If he was, then almost no one would sell him on EBay.

Well he is semi rare (I would say). He apparently was never released in the US
Train it, plane it, you name it!
Personally I would categorize Oliver as 'Hard to Find' in my definition game. There seems to be plenty always popping up here and there that are new in the box, although the prices for those have sky rocketed. It wasn't that many years ago that the $60 I spent on a new in the box Oliver was my Limit. A UK seller back then had lots of new ones.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
@Super, Would you mind telling me who was the seller by any chance?
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
Sorry, that was 4 or 5 years ago and I can't remember.

Wait...it may have been this seller as I remember the Listings first picture and he has sold 524 of them although, now, the price is way higher than what I paid. I don't recognize the sellers name so I am not sure he is the same although 524 sold could be. He does say that this is his very last one and the box is damaged.
New Oliver Seller

[Image: s-l16a00.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, MuddyPoppins
(05-20-2021, 01:58 PM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: @Chrisjo, this is clearly a joke listing, after all none of the bidders are identified.
Bidders are never identified in a listing of this type, but the bidding pattern itself is highly suspicious.
Yeah, I am not paying £286 for an oliver: no way
I could buy a lot of trains for this money!

[Image: 11-C82-B7-B-03-A0-4206-9502-8-AEDCCD0-DC44.jpg]

Funny how he didn’t do any research..
I sometimes wonder why people spent so much money on certain auctions.  Whenever there is a trackmaster busy bee James in the package, the winning bid often outrages. $400+ on a lot that cannot all engines are in running conditions

[Image: s-l1r600.jpg]

or the $120 + winning bid on this lot.  Aside from the red tanker (which it is missing yellow eye drop piece), they don't worth that much

[Image: s-l16040.jpg]
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
(This post was last modified: 06-07-2021, 09:49 AM by Super.)
Can we Please stop Posting Links to these Sales? We are not out to embarrass or judge any seller directly. Besides it may be a member here or a frequent visitor. A picture (without identifying the seller) and a description is plenty to show what the "Online Selling Shocker" is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tons of Trackmasters
A typical tomy oliver  deception. The description labels this as 'very rare'. It's not even worth that bnib and this is used.

[Image: deception.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2021, 04:59 PM by Super.)