More things to put on the shelves

32 Replies, 6502 Views

Bargain Time!

It's a great feeling when you get a bargain, and this one is no exception. Ever since I got my upgraded Thomas in July I've been meaning to get the other main 6, maybe 7 upgraded, and this lot was a massive step forwards in achieving that goal. Before I start showing what I got, I'd like to mention two strange things about this lot:

1) Every engine is from 2017
2) All of the engines came with their correct rolling stock and both of the sets are complete, except for some dark-brown risers and all of the stickers

So, let's jump straight in:

The complete:

Plarail Thomas set (he's in much better condition than mine so I've replaced my old one)

[Image: DSC-1319.jpg]

Plarail Edward set (one of plarail's best models taken to a whole new level)

[Image: DSC-1320.jpg]

Plarail Henry set (I love his face)

[Image: DSC-1321.jpg]

Plarail CGI Gordon set (I prefer the older MRR Gordon over this. He looks much shorter than the old version, but he's actually longer. I think it's because of how much fatter he is and how much larger his cab is, The express coach is a nice addition though)

[Image: DSC-1322.jpg]

Plarail CGI James set (WAY TOO FAT, He was missing a back tender coupling when I got him and when I went to give him one I found out his back tender peg was glued to the top of the body, so I had to snap off the peg from the under frame, without snapping the underframe. The tender will be useful as I would like to use it in a Thomas and the break down train remake, once I get an older plarail James and the break van is a massively welcomed addition to my collection of three cabooses and three toads)

[Image: DSC-1323.jpg]

Plarail Percy set (No eyebrows and some lining damage which I'll be fixing in the future. I've found out that the old Plarail Percy Is quite annoying to get off of eBay)

[Image: DSC-1324.jpg]

PLarail Hiro set

[Image: DSC-1325.jpg]

Plarail Diesel 10 (I prefer the face on my MRR one and the trucks are really useful in adding some variety into my trains, without standing out too much)

[Image: DSC-1326.jpg]

Finally here are the two sets:

https://thomasmotorized.fandom.com/wiki/...ailSet.jpg

also I found all the engines I got in the second image

https://thomasmotorized.fandom.com/wiki/...ilSet1.jpg

https://thomasmotorized.fandom.com/wiki/...Set_(2013) 
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 2 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Therealblack64YT
Very nice DD&O...are these all from the same seller?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes I bought them in a lot for about $100, the lot also came with some other items but they are not all that relevant
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 1 user Likes Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • Super
A great haul for sure.
Just as Hornby release the streamline P2 I manage to get my hands on one of the older ones, but it isn't just a regular one, instead it's the R3440 LNER Class P2 Locomotive 'COCK O THE NORTH' from the 2016 collection commemorating the 75th anniversary of  Sir Nigel's Passing. As far as I know the collection of 4 locomotives wasn't intended to be sold individually, however some retailers did it anyway.

Mine is number 435 of 850 and what really makes these locomotives special is the exclusive gloss finish, which, thought not exactly ideal for modelling does work amazingly for a special edition model.

Unfortunately the old P2 release wasn't fit for the railways range, as it was just the railroad model with some extra paint (except for the cab) which means very few separately fitted parts, Including a large part of the valve gear which if bent can hit the piston rod. The mechanism has both good and bad features; The bad ones are the lack of bearings and only a small 3 pole motor, however it does have a completely defaceable base-keeper plate and also a flywheel.

[Image: P2-1.jpg]

[Image: P2-2.jpg]

[Image: P2-3.jpg]

[Image: P2-4.jpg]

[Image: P2-5.jpg]
[url=https://postimg.cc/QKV50sQ5][/url]
The magic of the GWR
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
👍
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp
Got this bargain recently, It's a rake of 3 modern maunsell coaches, witch I got for just a bit over $100. At RRP they cost 60 pounds which though expensive is almost reasonable for these. They are way more modern and detailed than other more recent coaches from Hornby. The previous seller has already fitted 2 corridor end caps and I've gone ahead and fitted the close couplings between coaches.

They feature many fine details such as sprung buffers, separately fitted grab-rails, and handrails, fully painted interiors and lamps in the restaurant car.

[Image: mn1.jpg]

[Image: mn10.jpg]

[Image: mn11.jpg]

[Image: mn12.jpg]

[Image: mn13.jpg]

[Image: mn14.jpg]

[Image: mn15.jpg]

[Image: mn2.jpg]

[Image: mn3.jpg]

[Image: mn4.jpg]

[Image: mn5.jpg]

[Image: mn6.jpg]

[Image: mn8.jpg]

[Image: mn9.jpg] 

I'd hope to get a few more of these just because they are just so good.
The magic of the GWR
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Very nice. 👍
About a month ago I got this bargain. For the Insane price of $75 USD with taxes and shipping included, I present to you the pretty desirable Talk 'n' Action Diesel 10.
Unfortunately the model sufferered from a broken coupling, witch I have now glued and a cracked gear that received the same treatment. Now all I need is some help, so if anyone has some 3D files or can provide dimensions for one that would be greatly appreciated!
[Image: D101.jpg]

[Image: D102.jpg]

[Image: D103.jpg]

[Image: D105.jpg]

[Image: D106.jpg]

[Image: D107.jpg]

[Image: D108.jpg]
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 3 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super, Therealblack64YT
This coupling problem sure sounds familiar like we have talked about it in the past but I can't put my thumb on it.