sets on Walmart, not listied in ixbyix

31 Replies, 41604 Views

Yeah I've been thinking about all these things the last few days. I will probably change the color of the heading of completed waves (probably Thomas-blue or a dark green, do you have a preference?). I don't want to mark incomplete waves red because I think most users *don't* have complete collections and I don't want to punish them by marking up the page with lots of extra red text.

In general I don't like adding options because it doubles the amount of things I need to test (as opposed to being one more thing to test). So the longer the page lives, the higher the bar to add an option. But I've been thinking about how to allow duplicates, and I'm thinking of doing something like what you showed (maybe with the checkboxes after the engine names? not sure yet) with an option to select how many duplicates columns to add. The big thing I'm worried about is how to preserve that info in a link (e.g. to send someone else or to keep for yourself if you're moving between browsers) and I'm sort of thinking of a new 'name=highlight' option that would *highlight* all the trains in the URL instead of selecting them [or, hmm, maybe I should have been doing that from the beginning for 'name=share'. Now you've really got me thinking!], and possibly a "check all highlighted engines" buttons. I'm going to keep thinking about this, but it will probably be a while before I get anything implemented.

Collapse/expand all is a good idea, I understand now that you've explained why.

FYI there is an undocumented feature where you can change the value of the 'name' parameter and it will save those checked engines as a separate list. It was one of the original features but I never came up with a good UI for it and after I used it myself for a couple weeks it was just too difficult for me to keep all my lists straight (and by all, I mean 2) and I just never bothered finishing it. So it might go away or stop working at any time but you are welcome to try it out and see if it helps you track duplicates.

Messages In This Thread
RE: sets on Walmart, not listied in ixbyix - by drewbenn - 10-21-2016, 06:57 PM