Backdating Bachmann's Thomas the Tank Engine

94 Replies, 85096 Views

Yes, this project is still alive! I have just been really busy over the past few months, but I am finally making progress. I put more milliput on the rest of the places that needed it and I began to sand everything down.

[Image: 20190902-205051.jpg]

[Image: 20190902-205043.jpg]
I was also able to put the model in it's first coat of primer so that it would be easier to see if there are any other areas that needed to be sanded more. The top of the boiler still needs some, from where the raised stripes used to be, and there are a couple of places that need actual filler before I finish painting the model.

[Image: 20190902-211849.jpg]
I have also decided that I would rather finish Thomas off as he appeared in Season 1 rather than 3, so I'll have to get new brake pipes. I am also going to try to get actual cosmetic British couplings and I am going to build more "fine-scale" stepladders. I hope to do a better face as well, because the first one I tried ended up with a few problems along the way. I am excited though, because the primer makes the model look as though it is further along than it did before!
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • Finno, Super

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Backdating" Bachmann's Thomas the Tank Engine - by TrainMan2001 - 09-05-2019, 12:47 AM