All the trains in my son’s train podcast ranked by how much I hate them

8 Replies, 5786 Views

This article is actually very close to what I have said about these engines myself.
Nearly every engine on the Island of Sodor possesses a negative character flaw that covers the entire spectrum of human behavior.
It is these flaws that we are taught to overlook and to just accept from these characters, but in reality they are actually not good qualities and are character traits, and should be avoided in creating and holding meaningful relationships in real life.
Of some of the characters mentioned, I will elaborate:
Gordon is intentionally rude, boastful and acts snobbish.
James is smug, snarky, vain, and a most likely a narcissist.
Percy is a most dangerous kind of friend, as he is both not very bright and pathetically insecure.
Percy has zero critical thinking skills and is easily tricked and manipulated to unwittingly throw a friend under the bus simply to make a new friend. (Day of the Diesels)
Thomas is a ditz, who’s over anxiousness to please others causes him to only listen to half of a conversation or take directions before chuffing off to constantly cause confusion and delay.
Some of the character’s flaws are shallow simplistic general examples, while others are deeper and more complex.
Spencer is the equivalent of Gordon though he is more the athletic type as opposed to Gordon as the intellectual.
Hank is the less intelligent blue collar version of both Gordon and Spencer who lacks the sophistication of Gordon or the athletic ability of Spencer, but can compete with both based simply on shear strength.
My list could go on and on…
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No

Messages In This Thread
RE: All the trains in my son’s train podcast ranked by how much I hate them - by MuddyPoppins - 07-24-2021, 08:37 PM