Custom Plarail Ashima

15 Replies, 19366 Views

I found these images on the Internet...
Someone's custom Ashima.
Visually it is very beautiful yes?
[/quote]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2017, 06:40 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • ripley802, ROKMAN1445, Super, WoodWheel92
A lot of work went into her. Wonder if we will ever get one in Plarail?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I do remember this version, and it really is lovely. She was made by KaizouThomas, and I actually showed it to Trainboy90 when he announced his own Ashima. Since it was so well done, I used it to give him inspiration before his version was made.

(01-04-2017, 06:47 AM)Super Wrote: A lot of work went into her. Wonder if we will ever get one in Plarail?

Yes, I do hope there will also be a normal, non-Tekoro version (strange how they are making Streamlined Thomas both motorised and Tekoro, despite Ashima being a lot more significant in the film). Same for Vinnie, Axel and the Flying Scotsman (even as exclusives in sets if not individually).
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I wonder if it would be possible to achieve a similar but maybe more professional results by designing the graphics on a PC and creating some custom decals you could then apply to an appropriately re-sprayed base model?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802, WoodWheel92
(01-04-2017, 06:47 AM)Super Wrote: Wonder if we will ever get one in Plarail?
yes but it is only available in tomy capsule? https://twitter.com/plarail_jun2014/stat...9395733504
(01-04-2017, 11:07 PM)Nigels Wrote: I wonder if it would be possible to achieve a similar but maybe more professional results by designing the graphics on a PC and creating some custom decals you could then apply to an appropriately re-sprayed base model?

That would be sick!! Yes if this was done professionally it would by far be the world's most beautiful engine!!
(01-04-2017, 11:07 PM)Nigels Wrote: I wonder if it would be possible to achieve a similar but maybe more professional results by designing the graphics on a PC and creating some custom decals you could then apply to an appropriately re-sprayed base model?

You mean to tell me that's 'not' professional enough? This attempt will make you think again:

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
(Made by CarlRyan66 from a TrackMaster Belle, details are sloppy and hand-painted, dome is too tall, etc.) At least it looks like Ashima, though. There's a fellow Deviantart user named GBHTrain who makes some very impressive customs (even with TrackMaster Revolution), and he recently made his own Ashima using a modified JNR C12 (like several other versions):

[Image: ashima_wip_part_9_by_gbhtrain-darifk0.jpg]

For this one, he did draw the patterns digitally and printed them out, later applying them as decals (the face is her actual one from a promo):

[Image: ashima_wip_part_8_by_gbhtrain-darifd6.jpg]

(Perhaps I should've gathered screencaps of all the versions I knew of [even though there are countless] and showed them all together in this thread).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
The one with the decals is much better and very nice...the stickers are put on a bit sloppy, but it's detailing is crisp and precise to the eye with a higher level of execution...the images that I posted, though meticulous in its detailing, and with still very beautiful visually pleasing designs and color schemes, is as Nigels said, not professional looking. None the less, ALL of them are great efforts and very inspiring!!
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 05:52 PM by Super.)
Put mine up here as well please. I am still finishing her.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I once saw an Ashima made out of a Revolutions Thomas, and I don't know who made it and don't really want to draw any bad attention to them by making it obvious anyway, but, honestly, it looks atrocious.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • DalaGStanator