Project Finding "Nory" (Dory + Nemo) build/custom

33 Replies, 36523 Views

First let me say I was not sure this was the right spot for this thread so feel free to move to the appropriate section if needed.

So as most of you know and several have pre-ordered the Plarail Nemo and Dory trains that were recently on Hobby Search. I managed to get in on the pre-order and am very excited to see the trains when they arrive. In the mean time and seeing as the new Finding Dory movie recently came out I was thinking of first doing a couple extra cars for each of the trains. Now I am thinking or making a small set for them including track and accessories.

Here is the start. Picked these up this weekend. These are the From Finding Dory and are the Blind Bags.
[Image: 725C9B04-D94F-4E41-A7D7-C5B17F20F2EE_zpsqllhmpju.jpg]

I had already picked up Marlin (Nemo's Dad) the other day, but here we have Crush, Pearl, Sea Otter, and of course Dory.

So, if you had seen my recent thread regarding "Treasures FromJapan" you may recall I had picked up a couple clear cars. Here is the Marlin( which I am using as Neno) and Dory. Marlin I have already mounted in the car. Basically I drilled a hole and had to trim his fin a bit to make him fit. I am still planning to do some sort of sand or water look to them as well.
[Image: EACA9346-EFDB-4B86-B7ED-0FCA2CE510C7_zpsiynx4fdl.jpg]

Here are some of the other characters and some possible flat bed options.
[Image: BE40F807-9E42-4DD4-9220-81BF3B99EF7D_zpsw1uhzzie.jpg]

Here is a look at what I am thinking for the basic track layout which is a simple figure 8 look which I am planning on doing something to the track. Maybe a sand tone grit texture paint or maybe a neon orange paint speckled look?
[Image: 5ACF5B76-1589-4505-B719-167868E445B6_zpsrnknbkeu.jpg]

Finally, just for fun because de was out, we gave the animals a ride on D10 with my recently acquired olive green troublesome trucks. Big Grin
[Image: 20F01965-F052-43E4-A584-75443A63DC17_zps4kcsovyu.jpg]

Stay tuned for more. And let me know what you think or any suggestions. Thanks for looking.
[-] The following 5 users Like ripley802's post:
  • ActionChugger, DalaGStanator, leylandvictory2, sinkillerj, Super
Some great ideas Ripley, anxious to see how they turn out.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I like how the transparent coaches look like undersized, waterless aquariums when the Finding Nemo/Dory characters are in them. Was that what you had in mind?
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • ripley802, Super
(07-11-2016, 07:06 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: I like how the transparent coaches look like undersized. waterless aquariums when the Finding Nemo/Dory characters are in them. Was that what you had in mind?

To be honest I had not thought about that but I see it now and it makes sense. My main goal was to try not and modify or make anything permanent on the clear coaches, that way they could be used for other projects. Potentially a Christmas coach? Who knows.. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Those rainbow transparent pebble things made for aquariums could look cool in one of them.
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like sinkillerj's post:
  • ripley802, Super
It wouldn't be a smart idea, because there's no space and they could get into the axles and/or cause a wheel failure. Good thinking, though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Perhaps if you covered the bottom of the inside of the coach with something. Maybe 3d printing something would work? Or, if it fits, some kind of small cardboard-or-something pieces to tape together into a sort of arch for the wheels that can be fit to the inside, and it would keep any rocks or sand (maybe not sand actually) for hitting the wheels and axles. you could paint them blue like water or to match whatever else is going to be in the coach other than the figurines.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 3 users Like Miksolo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802, Super
Mr Ripley, if you can find it definitely a neon orange sandstone type spray for the tracks, go on do it, do it, do it!!! Big Grin

You could get some of those small metalic type coloured beads used for making necklaces to go in the bottom of the clear coaches, they should be small enough to look good, but big enough not to leak out of any holes Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802, sinkillerj, Super
(07-11-2016, 05:23 PM)Nigels Wrote: Mr Ripley, if you can find it definitely a neon orange sandstone type spray for the tracks, go on do it, do it, do it!!! Big Grin

You could get some of those small metalic type coloured beads used for making necklaces to go in the bottom of the clear coaches, they should be small enough to look good, but big enough not to leak out of any holes Smile

What if we tried a sandy texture with neon blue, green, and orange spots on top? I know the sand one exists. A few years ago Mom bought a can of spray paint for my older brother's school project that's meant to look like sand with some speckles of rock and grit in it, and it really does look just like that.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 2 users Like Miksolo's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Yeah but neon orange would look like coral Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super