Plarail Koe de Ugokuyo! My friends Thomas set

17 Replies, 14779 Views

Hello everyone, We just opened the Koe de Ugokuyo! set and have found our Talented Mr. Ripley's suspicions to be correct!!
ALL of the instructions (2 pages) are in Japanese!!:/
I am about to fiddle with it and can probably/ hopefully get it to run with the baby bullhorn, but it also looks like it can be operated through my phone w/ an app!!
If anyone can translate these instructions it would be greatly appreciated so that we can really get to see what this technology is all about!?!?
Thanks everyone!!Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2016, 02:11 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Ucwepn
(07-23-2016, 02:11 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Hello everyone, We just opened the Koe de Ugokuyo! set and have found our Talented Mr. Ripley's suspicions to be correct!!
ALL of the instructions (2 pages) are in Japanese!!:/
I am about to fiddle with it and can probably/ hopefully get it to run with the baby bullhorn, but it also looks like it can be operated through my phone w/ an app!!
If anyone can translate these instructions it would be greatly appreciated so that we can really get to see what this technology is all about!?!?
Thanks everyone!!Smile

[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Ucwepn
What do you think of the details on Thomas? Is he better, worse or no different than any of the other models?

I wonder if there is a web site that could audibly say words in Japanese after you type in an English word? Like Go, Stop, Go Fast, things like that.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Yes Super it is fantastic!!
We ran past Tully's bedtime learning how to work it, so we'll have to film it tomorrow, but here are some close up pics and some details...
I put it next to a standard Plarail, but also the Chirin de Tekoro Thomas because they have the same face!!
Also the deck is a definite shade of grey rather than white, and other noticeable differences I'm sure your keen eye will spot right away...
The switch on the side can either be positioned to voice controlled, or off to run like a standard train.
It is very cool and made very well...solid, and runs fairly fast and very smooth!!
It's the first set Tully REALLY seemed to have fun with in a very long timeSmile

[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802, Ucwepn, WoodWheel92
He looks fantastic. Thanks for the pictures.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(07-23-2016, 02:11 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: If anyone can translate these instructions it would be greatly appreciated so that we can really get to see what this technology is all about!?!?

The Google Translate app is pretty helpful for things like that, you just take a picture, select the text, and bam.

(07-23-2016, 04:04 AM)Super Wrote: I wonder if there is a web site that could audibly say words in Japanese after you type in an English word? Like Go, Stop, Go Fast, things like that.

Google Translate can also do this.
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like sinkillerj's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Kamen Rider Drive taught me that 'Tomare' is Stop.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(07-23-2016, 11:20 AM)sinkillerj Wrote: The Google Translate app is pretty helpful for things like that, you just take a picture, select the text, and bam.

Google Translate can also do this.

I tried google translate when trying to figure out what the TnA engines were saying. I will admit it does work well speaking and English word and it repeating it in Japanese which would work well in this case for Muddy, but for me I was hoping to have it capture in Japanese and repeat it to me in English. For that it did not seem to work. Almost like the engine was speaking too fast.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Where did you find the set?
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
Hobbysearch...but I'm sorry we got the last oneSad