Some Tomy For A Change :)

10 Replies, 11021 Views

The latest red cross parcel arrived from the land of the rising sun, a mixture of stuff in it, but unusually for me of late there were actually some Blue Tracks stuff;

First up we have 'Stephenson' from the movie Cars 2, nice looking shinkansen type train, with two compartments that can open and also carry a 'car' in each - now where is my lightning mcqueen?!?

[Image: DSC_0973.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0974.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0975.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0976.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0977.jpg]

Next up some interesting blue translucent wagons, you can slide these back and take the cover off so could put various things in these, maybe more cars or maybe some of these may work with your Nemo theme Mr Ripley? If you think so drop me a PM as I got 4 of them Smile

[Image: DSC_0978.jpg]

Now a very nice 2 car suburban type train, you just got to love the painjob on this.

[Image: DSC_0979.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0980.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0981.jpg]

Finally we have a nice single car tram, this is doubly interesting as it has a pull back motor rather than a battery motor, bit like the choro q's

[Image: DSC_0982.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0983.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, sunhuntin, WoodWheel92
These last two are not Tomy. From what I heard, that style struggles to run on Tomy track properly, due to the wheels used.
congrats!! i believe the blue box cars were/are event exclusives and they were made in a couple of different colors.

love the paint job on the suburban, almost looks like graffiti.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Nigels
Nice arrivals Nigels

I always liked the look of the Kansai trains...well that is except for their fake trucks on the chassis, like the Chuggington trains. If it weren't for those trucks I would have bought a couple and tried to fit it on a Plarail chassis.

I really like the look of that trolley/tram/street car in the last photo, nice detailing. Too bad it isn't powered.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels
I want Stephenson Exclamation
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like ActionChugger's post:
  • Nigels, Super
(08-15-2016, 07:08 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: These last two are not Tomy. From what I heard, that style struggles to run on Tomy track properly, due to the wheels used.

True they are not Tomy, they are Kansai, but they seem to work fine on Tomy track so far, at worst all you'd need to do is change the traction tyres. There are actually two types of Kansai, the original DX which are a slightly smaller gauge and would not run on blue tracks, and then the 'Go-Go' type which are the same gauge as Tomy. I like them as the detailing is superb and the designs like the graffiti type one are painted/printed and not stickers Big Grin

(08-15-2016, 07:39 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: congrats!! i believe the blue box cars were/are event exclusives and they were made in a couple of different colors.

love the paint job on the suburban, almost looks like graffiti.

I didn't know they were event models, nice to know, but they are nice cars for sure. I also love the Kansai, it's one of a bunch I got all with stunning detailing and paint jobs on them. Good runners too Smile

(08-15-2016, 08:51 PM)Super Wrote: Nice arrivals Nigels

I always liked the look of the Kansai trains...well that is except for their fake trucks on the chassis, like the Chuggington trains. If it weren't for those trucks I would have bought a couple and tried to fit it on a Plarail chassis.

I really like the look of that trolley/tram/street car in the last photo, nice detailing. Too bad it isn't powered.

I reckon it would be possible to remove the fake trucks fairly easily if really needed and as for the tram it is pretty much a standard size chassis so I reckon it could be converted to battery from its current elastic power Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2016, 11:59 PM by Nigels.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Nice score Nigel. I had was initially looking for a few of the Blue translucent cars but then ended up finding the clear ones. They are still very cool though.

Is the Cars train rare? I have seen a few on eBay but they are always $100+.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • Nigels, Super
Very nice purchases! I want to get a stephenson too! The boys love the cars cars nearly as much as the Thomas trains and to mix the 2 together would be a fantastic addition to our collection!
[-] The following 2 users Like anc6802's post:
  • Nigels, Super
I like the Stephenson "Cars" character, don't get me wrong, but there is something delightfully charming about that little tram car that just has me so giddy.

I'm thinking it's perhaps the color scheme, or the fact that one of the Christmas ornaments from my childhood was in fact a bright red trolley like this one appears to be.
I just can't look away from the lil' thing!
[-] The following 1 user Likes WoodWheel92's post:
  • Nigels
(08-16-2016, 05:35 PM)WoodWheel92 Wrote: I like the Stephenson "Cars" character, don't get me wrong, but there is something delightfully charming about that little tram car that just has me so giddy.

I'm thinking it's perhaps the color scheme, or the fact that one of the Christmas ornaments from my childhood was in fact a bright red trolley like this one appears to be.
I just can't look away from the lil' thing!

I know exactly what you mean, when I first saw it I thought I've just got to have that, even if it was only a stationery display item as it just looks so cool. I think its partly the colour scheme, partly the detail which makes it look very realistic, partly the old world charm - in fact I think it looks as though it belongs in one of the Disneylands somewhere Smile

(08-16-2016, 12:44 AM)ripley802 Wrote: Nice score Nigel. I had was initially looking for a few of the Blue translucent cars but then ended up finding the clear ones. They are still very cool though.

Is the Cars train rare? I have seen a few on eBay but they are always $100+.

To be honest when I saw the translucent cars I was thinking of your Nemo theme, but they are just cool full stop Smile Very nice and in new condition also which is nice.

I'm not sure if the Stephenson is rare, I've only ever seen it on the Jauce auctions and even then only occasionally, so when I saw one at a good price I decided to go for it even if used Smile
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2016, 06:21 PM by Nigels.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super