L@@K! Green Thomas & Black James

23 Replies, 20238 Views

Why buy one when you can get two at twice the price Big Grin

[Image: 003_zps0ehjo6go.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 9 users Like Super's post:
  • ActionChugger, DalaGStanator, FinnTDKMC, HankAmericanEngine, MuddyPoppins, ripley802, ROKMAN1445, sunhuntin, Tharazero1
Last purchase for today? Big Grin
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
Haha...these were purchased a month ago so they don't count....Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Wow.. You already received them? Nice. Mine should be on the way soon. Can't wait to see this set. Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
nice stuff, super. are you going to unbox one?
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I haven't decided if I am going to open one as we don't play with the Thomas trains or just put it in storage with the "Future World" collection.. The second set is for a friend. I can say though that by looking through the box windows that these two trains are AWESOME! and will put to shame the Trackmaster 2 green Thomas. From what I can see they are all paint, no stickers and beautiful. Maybe I will take them out to admire and then put them away for my future generations. You will all be impressed they are that nice.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802
Put one in "Future World" and take the other out of the box.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Super
Oh my!

I just had to open this box and take a closer look at these trains and I must say they are wonderful. I am not an expert on the Thomas trains but I have had my hands on quite a few of them. Next to the recent myth busting of the real Gold Thomas I will go out on a limb and say this original green Thomas is the best Thomas I have seen. The details are extremely sharp and clean. There is one sticker which is the lamp on his rear but it looks to be more of a decal than sticker. The gray boiler plate looks great. Has the original type Thomas motor but runs very well and at a good pace. He also has a heft to him when holding. I really like the look of him.

James is equally a beauty. His detailing is superb and I didn't see any stickers/decals. His red striping and silver hand rails really pop, more so than the original red James with black striping. He has the new, updated, Plarail AA motor, runs great and is pretty quick. He feels heavy which is good in my book.

Plarail hit the ball out of the park with this, exclusive, Limited released set and if Toys R Us had any say in its production then hats off to them too. Great job, great trains. You all will be impressed. 10 out of 10!
  • Nigels, ripley802
Careful, AC will be along soon moaning none of this is any good without a video Wink
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
I think he got in trouble and was sent to the Principals Office for a time out.
  • MuddyPoppins, Nigels