Treasures FromJapan Part 3 - final purchase (for awhile)

11 Replies, 10010 Views

So I received my last and final FromJapan purchase for awhile anyway. The shipping is killing my excitement of getting these trains. It is litterly costing an arm and a leg it seems like. And this lot (well some of it) I was a little disappointed with which was not FromJapans fault but it made the shipping hurt that much more.

Anyway.. Cool

The first lot I have here was one that I could not tell much from. I saw an Oliver and what looked like a couple Kiehan (spelling) wrapped trains. So I separated these out when I unpacked them. These are the Plarail/Tomy things. Most will be for parts or customs as it is heavily used and dirty.
[Image: 96B83345-9B8A-4956-AB06-7241E4E837EA_zps018kdpqs.jpg]

My main question though is with these.
[Image: E579B976-7D2E-43DC-A8D9-9D98416971A6_zpsj6jixjok.jpg]

Notice the connectors are different and they do not appear to be Plarail, So what are these?
[Image: CD318865-4A19-47FD-8FA4-AE7063A0C8EE_zpspjc6vtmr.jpg]

Next up is the Shuppo. I have really been into the western steamers since getting some of the Disney trains so this one was a must. The other items were a bonus. These all look to be brand new in the box.
[Image: 91746F13-F788-451E-A368-4E6C86E961B7_zpsiafbogz9.jpg]

This next one was sort of a bust.. Undecided. So the gear was cracked, which I got fixed with a new gear. There were batteries left in it, so there was a little corrosion. There was no track, AV cable, or instructions. And once I got it all going, the controller piece needs to be pointed and almost inches away from the train to get a good picture. Dodgy
[Image: 61A7E332-9F0A-427E-8779-150EBE4C1B2B_zps3qhgslx8.jpg]

This one I got a good deal on at only $8. I went to take the shell of and cracked on of the tabs that hold the shell on.. (dang it...)
[Image: F01EF544-1DA8-49C2-8486-EF4E99DF6386_zpsv4zh8bzq.jpg]

This one is very nice and is pretty rare from my understanding.
[Image: C10B412D-E395-43DA-9041-E068B11A9907_zpsrplddzya.jpg]

And here is Oliver.. he was a pleasant surprise. The date is 1996 so an early one. There is one sticker at the rear that is off, but other than that is in great shape.
[Image: D436EDFC-877B-4887-A895-BCE42E9469AE_zpsdplkkhmo.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super, WoodWheel92
LOL...last purchase from "FromJapan" but back to Jauce Big Grin

Love that gold Pokemon and great score on Oliver with his coaches.

Those trains are from Kansai Gogo. Same wheel base as Plarail and run Ok on Plarail track but may be a little low?

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802
=O I spy a Mcdonalds Plarail, love those little minis.
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like sinkillerj's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Is one of the ones in the first photo a Plarail Advance? It's real tiny. And what is that teal, yellow wheeled base with a yellow coupling and the drive unit used for Thomas in Tomy? I can also see a car from the Winnie-the-Pooh "Fun Fair Train Set" right behind it.
(11-19-2016, 10:13 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Is one of the ones in the first photo a Plarail Advance? It's real tiny. And what is that teal, yellow wheeled base with a yellow coupling and the drive unit used for Thomas in Tomy? I can also see a car from the Winnie-the-Pooh "Fun Fair Train Set" right behind it.

Yeah then one tiny one I believe is advance, but I don't have any other advance stuff so am not for sure. I am almost positive the one with the yellow coupling is a Hello Kittie. It seems to match the one I have already pretty well.
From what I can see I don't think that is an Advance Andrew, it looks too short and the wheels look odd. Either way on an Advance the motor car is typically the 2nd car in the train.

I personally like the 'GoGo' trains, I think they are pretty highly detailed generally speaking and well made. They also do some unusual models that you don't see in the PlaRail range Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 04:14 PM by Nigels.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • ripley802
the purple and yellow wagon next to the hello kitty chassis is from a winnie the pooh set, if thats any help.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2016, 08:03 PM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • ripley802
(11-19-2016, 02:58 AM)Super Wrote: LOL...last purchase from "FromJapan" but back to Jauce Big Grin

Love that gold Pokemon and great score on Oliver with his coaches.

Those trains are from Kansai Gogo. Same wheel base as Plarail and run Ok on Plarail track but may be a little low?

does the Kansai Gogo trains use C batteries? If yes if I put in Mr. Motorman, will I fry the engine?
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
The Kansai GoGo's typically take a single AA, as for a Mr. Motorman I have absolutely no idea as I have no idea what that does or uses. Generally speaking so long as you don't put more than 6v though them the motors would probably cope I reckon Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
Yeah, I think I am going. To crack a few of the open and have a look inside. These all seem like they have had better days, meaning that they are very dirty and have some sticker damage. The Thomas one I did try which worked, and it seemed to run well on the BPT.