Murdoch pulling the full alphabet train

5 Replies, 6495 Views

My son this morning challenged me to make a track that would pull his foam alphabet letters using Murdoch. So challenge accepted! I tries to stretch the curved out as much as a I could but the rooms in our house are only so big, and its only a temporary track, so I creatively (in my mind lol) used furniture and pots in the corners to prevent a tip over. I started putting weights in the trucks to balance them but my son was starting to get super anxious, although I was able to get 22 trucks to go on this track before they started tipping. I also added Emily's powered tender to help pull the train.

Sorry about my video taking ability, the batteries were dead in the dv camcorder so cellphone video it is. Hope you enjoy!

[-] The following 6 users Like anc6802's post:
  • , MuddyPoppins, ripley802, ROKMAN1445, Ucwepn, WoodWheel92
cripes, thats quite a load! you could try relocating emilys tender furthur back to help with the pulling. i have seen freight trains with middle engines and back engines as well.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • , MuddyPoppins, WoodWheel92
I tried having it in the back to help push but it ended up derailing the cars in front cause it torqued the coupler to the side. I never though about using one in the middle though.

I was going to try "super Gordon", or "insane James". but he's so freaking fast if you have a train with more than 8-10 trucks he whips them off the track lol. When I get Insane Jame's potentiometer and voltage display working properly I think he could do the job with no help, but that's a different thread in the future.

Sorry about my kitchen, I'm remodeling it so none of the walls are finished and that hideous 70's linoleum flooring was the last layer of floor I couldn't pull up.
[-] The following 4 users Like anc6802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802, sunhuntin, WoodWheel92
Very cool Anc. Yeah I too have tried some very long trains 20+ trucks and I too had the same issue when using a powered tender at the rear where it pushed the trucks off. I also tried a 9v modded Edward but he just spun his wheels.. Undecided
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
That is a fantastic idea of placing guides on the inside of the curves, great thinking and super great freight train.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
What gave me the idea was the trucks were hitting the doorway around the corner and holding them up, so I looked for round things they could lean on in the turn
[-] The following 3 users Like anc6802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Super