Alternatives to Pla-Kids

10 Replies, 14762 Views

Ok, well I know some of you guys (Super mentioning no names) loves the Tomy Pla-kids, but as we also know they seem to be being phased out slowly for some inexplicable reason.

So how about a viable alternative to add to your collection? Following the release of the new Lego Carousel I looked to see what other things they had in the range. Apart from the creator ferris wheel and the mixer there are also a bunch of Lego 'Friends' fairground ride kits including a roller coaster!

Anyway some of these were on special at Amazon so I bought a few to see what they were like. It's the first time I've even really looked at the Friends series as they seem a bit 'girly', but actually I really love the kits, from the bright colours to what are excellently designed models they build into. But as well as the kits themselves you of course get what Lego describe as 'MiniDolls' as opposed to 'MiniFigures', the difference being they are way more lifelike and less blocky. Which is what brings me back to Pla-Kids as they are pretty much the same size/scale and would not look out of place alongside them. So...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, mod thana, Super
Soooo......where are the pictures?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
You want pictures as well? You're getting as bad as AC wanting video's for static items :p

Seriously, I'll post some over the weekend...
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2020, 06:51 PM by Super.)
Oh, good, a video too. Could you make it stop motion animation...that would be great....can't wait!...Thanks Nigels Big Grin

Seriously, I have no idea what these are or how they look next to a PlaKid.
Here we go Super, including one of the 'minidolls' in his hotdog man outfit Smile

[Image: IMG_20170520_191624431.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170520_191653533.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170520_191726497.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170520_191803976.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170520_191820981.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20170520_191915496.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post:
  • mod thana, Super, WoodWheel92
im almost certain the minidolls are taller than a plakid. would take a photo, but my plakids are in the wardrobe right now and i cant get in there.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
yes minidolls are the same height as minifigs. They look good though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super
Thanks Nigels

They are cute, any chance you have a PlaKid to snap a side by side picture of?
(05-21-2017, 06:29 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: im almost certain the minidolls are taller than a plakid. would take a photo, but my plakids are in the wardrobe right now and i cant get in there.

I don't really have many Pla-Kid's to compare them to, but as said these 'minidolls' are around the same size as an average 'minifig', the reason I say around is that some of the more flamboyant hair styles make them a mm taller overall.

(05-21-2017, 02:02 PM)Super Wrote: Thanks Nigels

They are cute, any chance you have a PlaKid to snap a side by side picture of?

If I can find one among my trains I'll most certainly do a comparison picture, I'll also include a Lego 'Minifig' for reference purposes also. However I don't have that many Pla-Kids, for some reason I haven't really bought that many trains that come with them...
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2017, 04:42 PM by Nigels.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(05-21-2017, 04:40 PM)Nigels Wrote: I don't really have many Pla-Kid's to compare them to, but as said these 'minidolls' are around the same size as an average 'minifig', the reason I say around is that some of the more flamboyant hair styles make them a mm taller overall.

If I can find one among my trains I'll most certainly do a comparison picture, I'll also include a Lego 'Minifig' for reference purposes also. However I don't have that many Pla-Kids, for some reason I haven't really bought that many trains that come with them...

I have hundred of Plakid in my collection but we are about half world faraway, no chance to share you guy.
Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like mod thana's post:
  • Nigels, Super