Ultra Rare eBay score x3!!

27 Replies, 24077 Views

These finally arrived from England today...
Tharazero1 found them for us on eBay nearly a month ago, though I wasn't quite sure if they would actually be delivered:/ the seller turned out to be a real wanker (I'd put him in my top 3 negative eBay experiences ever), but ultimately they did finally show up...a tad bit less than perfect than they were before the crum shipped them, but still in good condition and all BNIB!! Smile
Of all the rare Tomy Thomas sets ever released the Diesel freight, wagons, & cargo set is one of the very VERY rarest, as it was only available for a single year (2003)
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN THARAZERO!!!Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 11 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • , ActionChugger, fred16850, grodriguez, mod thana, Nigels, Off The Rails, ripley802, Super, Tharazero1, WoodWheel92
Very nice score Muddy.
[-] The following 3 users Like ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Didn't even know there was a set like that.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Tharazero1
(07-28-2017, 11:46 PM)Super Wrote: Didn't even know there was a set like that.

That makes two of us. Although I think someone recently in here had a video of their collection and may have had one or more in it.
[-] The following 4 users Like ripley802's post:
  • mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
That's alright muddy, glad I could help
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Wow, that is a nice score! Although I imagine you could put something like this together from loose parts, having it all together in one unique package is very cool!

Sorry you had a bad experience with the seller Muddy. This sort of thing really makes me appreciate dealing with great sellers like Super and a few others I buy from. I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. Will we see one of these running on your layout in the near future?
[-] The following 5 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • mod thana, MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Super, Tharazero1
Thanks OtR! Yes it would be fairly easy to put this combination together, except for the red & green sticker face troublesome trucks...they're a little harder to find.
As for an unboxing, unfortunately these will never leave thier boxes...they're almost 15 years old, and as rare bnib as most anything gets amongst these toys.
[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • mod thana, ripley802, Super, Tharazero1
So what was the seller's issue? Haha Tongue
[-] The following 1 user Likes StarSwitcher07's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(07-29-2017, 04:56 PM)StarSwitcher07 Wrote: So what was the seller's issue? Haha Tongue

Well we're do I begin...
First the seller said he was going to ship them wrapped only in brown paper.
I explained that thier rarity and near mint condition was paramount to preserve and asked for them to be bubble wrapped and that a cardboard box be used...he then asked "is that really nessesary"...after a few days passed I asked if they had been shipped yet. He replied NO, because he couldn't find a box!?!?! Few more days later he replied that he had finally purchased a box, and since he felt bad about the shipping delay, was including a bnib HitToys Thomas & Colin set, and a bnib rare factory error upsidedown face take n play Duck, that they were all bubble wrapped , with extra packing paper to "decrease pressure on the lid", boxed up and shipped out with tracking and insurance...but he gave me no tracking number. When I asked for the number, he said he had lost it, but would look around for it and send it to me...
I never heard from him again, and he would never respond to my messages...after a week past its arrival date, I was force to open a "where's my stuff" case...another few days later the package finally did arrive, but when I opened the box the corners of 2 of them got rattled and banged around inside the box and are no longer pristine, because as you can see from the picture of the opened box, the guy was full of crap!
No packaging paper!! 1/2 a sheet of bubble wrap, and no bonus items!
Degenerate, lazy, lying, wanker & creep!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 06:38 PM by Super.)
I sure hope that wasn't the shipping box..! I can't imagine how bad shipping would've been
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 06:53 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes StarSwitcher07's post:
  • MuddyPoppins