The RARE TOMICA WORLD TAPE UNEARTHED!

11 Replies, 8886 Views

Here's a very rare treat for everybody on BPT.. can't thank ActionChugger enough for sending over the tape for me to preserve. Shame the tape was done on poor film stock, I can tell these were made cheaply, that's probably why not many are around nowadays (You can see the slight degrading at the top in some scenes). Excuse the shaking on the Thomas bits, it's a pretty fragile thing. But enjoy-cheers to the good days of Thomas toys in the United States/Kingdom!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIUfjO2YAIs
[-] The following 5 users Like StarSwitcher07's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, ripley802, Super
Awesome!! You finally got one!! Congratulations! You should have it transferred to DVD ASAP!!
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • ActionChugger, ripley802, StarSwitcher07
I'm now left with three haha! One from my childhood, all beat up, spliced and worn, then there's the factory sealed one I got in my Talk N Action set for Christmas, which I dared not to open, and then magical ActionChugger blessed me with his copy to watch and digitize. Glad I could finally share it with all, without any of the tape interruptions like my childhood tape uploaded a few years back.
[-] The following 3 users Like StarSwitcher07's post:
  • ActionChugger, MuddyPoppins, ripley802
which T'nA set has one inside!?!?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Some copies of the Talk N Action set, some are in "Thomas at the Station", others in some sort of Amtrak set, it's really a struggle. The big hint is if the box has the sticker on it saying there's a free video inside. This is the one mom bought me:
[Image: gsd.jpg]
I think the seller doesn't have any more TnA sets with the tape, but he does have the other set WITH the tape inside.
[-] The following 2 users Like StarSwitcher07's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802
Thank you so much Star for sharing this with us. A little trip down memory lane. Sure makes me appreciate how far we have come with Television movies and High Definition. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Awesome! I did not even try playing it on our VHS, was afraid of ruining it. Thanks for sharing!
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
Wow! This is the American version. The red UK version is completely different.

Anyone have the Red UK version?

-plarnold
Afraid not, but if anyone wants to watch the UK version, here's a link:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6nXObJvfPKE
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chrizzly's post:
  • Super
Oh, that's the UK version!

I have that on VHS...somewhere Big Grin

-plarnold
[-] The following 1 user Likes plarnold's post:
  • Super