Plarail Henry ID

5 Replies, 5604 Views

I guess maybe I am misreading the Thomaswiki site, but I am stalled in making the 2018 Henry video because I can't figure out the year, or circumstances to when the original Plarail Henry's face changed from painted to plastic while the 1993 model was still being made? Not the updated 2003 Plarail version with the white deck and red painted stripes, but the year that the extra white flange around his face disappeared?
Can anyone help with the info please?
Thank you!Smile

[Image: image.jpg]
1993 ---------------???
[Image: image.png]
???
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Blueberry'S', Super
Wish I could help you out Muddy...they all look the same to me LOL
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Sorry Muddy, I'm not sure. Do both of them have the original Tomy logo underneath them?
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Thank you for replying so quickly jdog!Smile
No, the one with the painted flanged face is only stamped 1993 w/ the original logo, whereas the plastic faced one is dated 2002 w/the updated logo.

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2018, 12:29 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
I have a friend in Japan who would definitely know the answer- I'll stay in touch!
[-] The following 2 users Like StarSwitcher07's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Im not sure so I won’t guarantee that this is right, but I have a few of these models, the painted ones and the plastic. the painted one is the first they made of Henry, the reason, it’s 1993 and the Tomy writing underneath is more rounded than the newer one, the one with the plastic face. The plastic one is the Tomy with the newer Tomy writing (square writing if that makes sense) the 90s was the era with these faces, the painted ones. You see it in a tomica world video from the 2000 that the writing is still rounded and that I can connect the trains with the painted faces, so I would say that the plastic faced one is between 2000-2002. The magic railroad came out in 2000 an diesel 10, and the other trains. I think had the older logo in the beginning until the era switched to 2000 logo and licensing. As said I’m not sure it’s just something I have seen by the logo and videos and thought out. I hope this helps a little bit.
Keep on collecting Cool
[-] The following 3 users Like Blueberry'S''s post:
  • fred16850, MuddyPoppins, Super