thanks again, AOF04! motor tomica truck

10 Replies, 7052 Views

AOF messaged me a while ago, offering me this truck for $10nzd. though i was slack with my replies [sorry!], we got there last week, and it turned up so quickly.

really pleased to have this in my collection. thanks again, shaun!

my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super
Great work AOF. I really like all the non-Thomas motorized vehicles. Speaking of that, does anyone know of a site dedicated to them or maybe a list of all that were made? I have many but I am sure there must be more.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Nice find Sun! I’ve been intrigued by these for a while but information is pretty scant on them.
they are neat vehicles. i would also like to know how many were made, but i am guessing it is in the hundreds, if not higher. they take an N size battery, which is a real oddball and not easy to find over here. its like half the length of AA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Hundreds...really? I had no idea, I always assumed there were only about 25 or so. I am going to have to look at the different ones I have and make a list of the ones I still want. I find it hard to search for them as some are sold separately under the Tomica brand, some under Tomy and yet others in Tomy/Plarail Train sets. I really hope we can find a resource that could show us what is out there. When I get the time I will gather mine a take a photo. Maybe if we start a Thread about these we can get a list going and when a member has one not on the List submit a picture and we will have a start.

Yes, some take the 'N' size 1.5 volt battery (also known as LR1) commonly seen in wireless doorbells here in the States but many of the ones I have use a 'AAA' battery. Don't you have any that use AAA's Sun?
I knew you'd find something else to replace your thirst for trains HAHAHAHA!!!! Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2019, 10:16 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
[Image: yellow-smiley-confused-emoticon.gif]
As it happens I love these models too, I've got a couple, but they don't come up that often on eBay etc...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Well I have been looking more deeply and discovered new tires for these just in case...at least I hope they are the tires. Will know for sure when they arrive. I do remember seeing some for sale years ago without the rear tires. The wheels were there but no tires as they are easily removed. I also bought one of those cases that have the drawers to store the motorized vehicles because I just kept them loose in a bin with the road pieces.
pretty sure the only vehicles i have that take AAA are the thomas road characters, like bertie etc. i dont think any of my motor tomica take them, but could be wrong as its been a while since i used any
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super