Trackmaster Sodor Friends Road & Rail Set

21 Replies, 16671 Views

Is anyone familiar with this set? I can't find a video on it. What I would like to know is if that Yellow Bulldozer is a motorized vehicle. I have not seen him before, has anyone seen it or have more info? Pictures or a video would be cool.

[Image: s-l1lkj600.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
his name is byron. i dont know how wide his distribution was, he is on my wanted list. i believe him to be push along, but could be wrong.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
Thanks Sun

I have a name to search for now. So you don't think he was battery operated, probably why I haven't seen him.  Wink
Byron is not motorised, he comes up on UK Ebay quite frequently.
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2019, 09:08 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thank you Chrisjo

Strange how they included him in the set to ride on the road tracks but not included ant motorized road vehicles. Not being motorized saved me the time in searching for one....more time to search for other stuff Dodgy
That's a weird set!!
It makes me curious..
It's a HiT toy's release right??
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
I know I have seen Byron in a pack by himself as well. It seems like one is smaller and one larger in size if I recall. I think there is also the snowy Byron, correct?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Looks like 2009 in the UK https://thomastrackmaster.fandom.com/wik...d_Rail_Set
I've only ever seen one sized Byron, and never motorized.
But I've never seen Hit pull a cheesy low production value move and release a blatantly non-functional product either.
Hit always went aboave and beyond in values and detail, and released quality motorized toys.
Hit even went so far as to make sure that Rocky was motorized...even Tomy couldn't pull that one off!
So it's just weird to see all that roadway to be included in a set that would have to rely on the imagination factor of a non-motorized toy.
Maybe it's because its the 2009 transition year that Fisher Price took them over, and they we're simply done trying to be innovative?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
Do you have that set Muddy? I agree, sort off odd they would put him in the set with track/road and then make it manual to push around. I have not inspected him in detail, but I am wondering now if the chassis could be swapped out for say Terrance or Bertie/Bulgy?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins