WooHoo Done Finished Over and Out 3

8 Replies, 4676 Views

[Image: super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif] [Image: woohoo-smiley-emoticon.gif]  [Image: super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Finally...Its Done...Complete... Its all over...There is no more...

After quite a long time of collecting all the Steam Locomotives that we like from Plarail , I have finally acquired the last and elusive vehicle to that collection. With the help of Carrick Wilmot I was able to get this D-51 882 First Try set that fooled me for so many years.  Over the years I had several times where I could have bought this set from the Japan auctions but I was fooled by the box graphics and ignored the Listings as I already have a D-51 498 and didn't investigate further. It wasn't until a few months ago that I learn from members here at BPT"s that this set wasn't a D-51 498 but in fact an exclusive D-51 882. Why would they put a large picture of 498 train on the front of the box when that is not whats inside?
WooHoo...I no longer have to search for any more Plarail Steamers as we have all that we want. Not counting any doubles or the dummy Steamers used for tandems, or all the remakes of the original no-name generics, we have about 23 different black steam engines.  WooHoo!

Now the only thing I have to decide is...what do I do with all the extra time I am going to have WooHoo!
Smile

[Image: DSCN0856.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0860.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1, Ucwepn, violater
I guess you learnt it from me that I pointed out the 882.
Looking forward for a "WooHoo Done Finished Over and Out 4" in the future.
Pity that the colour of the rails are only found in this set, try combining a few more of these sets and they make a nice diorama.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
" Looking forward for a "WooHoo Done Finished Over and Out 4" in the future."  [Image: giggle.gif]

Yes, I thought it was you who brought it to my attention Vio but my advanced brain age couldn't be sure so thats why I worded it that way.

I don't have any of the dark gray tracks anymore (sold them all) to do a side by side by comparison with those, the light gray and these that came in this First Try set but if memory serves me correctly, these First Try color may be a shade of gray that is between the dark and the light rails. A set that really fooled me about the dark gray rails as in pictures they looked light is the D-51 Sound and Steam set pictured below.

There are a actually some rails that are pretty much a match to these in the First Try Set....sort of. The four 90 degree rails that came in the Thomas and Bertie Rainbow Bridge set. Although they are almost exact the 90 degree rails are hard for trains to navigate unless its an by itself or with Tender.

[Image: qV7uYAK.jpg]

[Image: 10384605p.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0870.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Tharazero1, violater
Nice find, Super!
882 is one I’d like to see come back to the Plarail line.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Noooooo, then everyone will have one Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
(01-04-2021, 12:59 AM)Super Wrote: Noooooo, then everyone will have one Dodgy

But they won’t have one like yours! Wink
It would be great if you could line them all up and take a picture for us, or better yet make a complete PLARAIL steamer video please?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
Oh, you wish Muddy! I'm begging Super for a video (even for a short one) of his beautiful all-grey layout for ages...  Angel
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
[Image: face-slap.gif]
I know, I know...just keep slapping me until I do it. I have about 30 projects going on with the trains and around the house which seems like something that has developed with me as I get older. I was always one that had many projects but in  a younger age I always finished one before starting another. Currently the counter top I use in the train room is full of stuff from the Goods Shed mod so as soon as I finish that I can clean off the area because its where I take pictures at plus that cleans up the area of the Layout room where I feel more comfortable filming. Confused
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1