Recruiting Plarail researchers to operate in my team

16 Replies, 8541 Views

Hello everyone,

You might notice that I have been talking only about original Japanese Plarail (non-Thomas related Plarail) in the forum, and have been withdrawing from boasting about my Plarail collections without providing extra information useful for research.

I am on a road to pure Plarail research, and our team needs more international members for researching Japanese Plarail and overseas Plarail. We have many research topics ongoing. I am a Type 2 researcher in my team, which is a "Multitopic Researcher & Raw Data Analyser." We have 4 types of researchers in total.

What our team wants from you:
1. Wide range of knowledge of Plarail history from 1950 to 2021.
2. The general hunger for new knowledge, whether technical or not, about Japanese Plarail.
3. Deliver methodical explanations to your discoveries.
4. The ability to provide beneficial data leading to the final answer of a research topic.
5. Maintain minimum etiquette and manners in our communications channel. (You don't need microphone, or attend meetings. Just type in text channels)
6. Ability to read and understand simple Japanese characters such as Hiragana and Katakana. No need to understand those Chinese-like characters.

What our team does not appreciate:
1. Boasting about your personal collection while refusing to submit more images of original packaging to me/constantly reminded to do so. We expect automatic screenshot submission once the items arrive to your house.
2. Leaking parts of confidential catalogue or past promotional Plarail data to the public. If in doubt, please contact me first about it and I will approve or reject your requests.
3. Excessive swearing (swearing is fine, but keep it minimal)
4. Short form English (like IRL=In Real Life, or IMHO=In My Honest Opinion), these are strictly prohibited in text channels as there are Japanese people reading the chat.
5. Slow responses to our team members chats.
6. Discussions of Thomas related Plarail unless there is an extreme necessity, for example: "Where this product come from? Oh, it is from this x-Thomas Set!"

Your abilities will be tested.

Quote:In case you want to follow my route as a pure researcher commited to examining raw data and collecting specific Plarail for research purposes, please send me a direct message, PM, DM or whatever you call it to my inbox or Twitter account and we can make some arrangements or sort things out. Please be wary that if you do, I WILL test on your ability to carry out methodical thinking processes and your knowledge of Plarail history from 1950 to 2021. You don't need to provide direct information to the answer, just bits of information that will eventually lead to the answer. I will judge your ability to do that in a test. Whenever you are ready for it, shout out to me.

Benefits of joining the team:
1. Gain a more technical perspective of Plarail and learn new knowledge.
2. Free Plarail gifts from me, expect something small but valuable.
3. Appreciate Plarail more.

This is the promotional video of what we normally do on a daily basis: https://youtu.be/s8LR3wqo0yI

Please send inquiries to:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Vio_Pla70s
I will be monitoring my inbox here as well.
[-] The following 3 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super, Tharazero1
I wish I had the knowledge you seek and the ability to read, write and speak Japanese as I would love to have been part of your International team. Of course you can always come here and ask the membership for help with anything you are looking for answers to or pictures of as we do like to help. Personally I have learned so much from your teams research and your postings here and on your YouTube Channel and the Museums website.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
Thank you Super.

The reason to why reading the Japanese characters are important is because the same word in a different form on some packages signifies a different generation of products. I made a sheet to store all the products in Japanese, and we need information loggers to update the sheet correctly so the lack of understanding the language or using a translator can lead to inconsistent results. My channel is always active and will be posting more technical videos of our research than before.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Recruitment has ended. Sincere gratitude to everyone such as BPT guests who sent their requests. We accepted 3 of 7 requests.
New members are known as: ZwillingDE [Germany], Namida9 [Japan], Sixteen_16_Angels [USA].

(If you are reading this (I don't know if you already have an account here or not), congratulations for passing the 1.5 hour examination and welcome to the team! I will designate your roles accordingly from your answers provided in the examination.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
I know a lady wrote her master degree thesis on Hello kitties history).  So you never know if somebody actually wrote a thesis or did a Phd on plarail.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
A lady explains Hello Kitty history on an academic level? Got proof?
No academician would ever write a master's or a doctoral thesis on the history of toys to publish newly found information. Even if there was, where is the raw information coming from? We are only digging up the raw facts that were hidden in the long past and trying to come up with a suitable and logical explanation for our findings on a non academic level, to defy and correct the history that was wrongly written without prior research in the past such as Biglobe Plarail Musuem. Besides, nothing written here is as official as the official catalogues (we only use official information, no assumptions), toy catalogues were never even mentioned in any doctoral or master's thesis. What are you trying to challenge? I bet you don't even know how valuable our research means to other people as inexperienced like a 8 year old child or a simple parent when you are refering to people as high as masters or doctorate academic level.

Just to let you know, our team have past accouting ledgers of TOMY, list of former TOMY and TOMIYAMA employees, and confidential official catalogues from 1973 and 1974 that the public has no idea of it's existence. Yet we don't leak those data, why? Because it is not an academic level project. If you still think our research team is a joke, what will the history of Plarail be without us? The answer is false facts that were written without prior research. Think about it again.
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2021, 09:26 AM by Super.)
i am not discouraging people from digging into history or challenge people.  

I heard it over a youtube video many years ago.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
Then why are you comparing our team with academicians? What is your point of stating: "So you never know if somebody actually wrote a thesis or did a Phd on plarail." ? I guarantee that there are no thesis and PhD on Plarail. If there was a course, I would have quit my real life job and start writing my thesis.
I didn't even get an interview!
Vio...back up  Angry  ... I see nothing in Leylands Post disparaging your research team or its great work in any way. No need to get snippy
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1