Snow Covered Diesel?!?

3 Replies, 2577 Views

Hi all,
I was looking through my Trackmaster/Tomy collection, and I saw snow covered diesel! Is he rare? Did he come with a set? Did he come with these snow covered trucks?
[Image: 8590-C22-D-C1-FC-4-E60-A2-A9-D4919-BFE7-DDD.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes OwenDino Studios's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
This is actually the Diesel from the Fisher-Price Target-exclusive “Devious Diesel and the Troublesome Trucks” glow-in-the-dark pack. It included this variant Diesel and two Troublesome Trucks with glowing loads. I believe those trucks are also the ones you have, without the loads. From what’s included in the pack, I would guess the little specks on his side are actually supposed to represent quarry/rock dust as opposed to snow (one of the trucks is carrying stone), although almost all eBay listings call him “Snow Covered Diesel”. And sorry, he’s not that rare; there are currently quite a few for sale.
[Image: 9-E02-DAA6-EE75-4-C1-E-9-C85-954-FA9373461.jpg]

What I’m interested in is does any part of the Diesel actually glow? The Wiki says it is a “glowing Diesel” but I haven’t been able to find anything about the Diesel actually being glow-in-the-dark, just the trucks’ loads.
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • DalaGStanator
The loads glow in the dark but Diesel does not. Same for the "Ghostly Percy" pack.
[-] The following 3 users Like Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, TrainsRawesome
@Fred Ah thanks, that’s what I figured but I wasn’t sure because the Wiki says Diesel glows as well. It would be cool if they made the “snow” glow-in-the-dark though
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • DalaGStanator