Any Track Ideas?

5 Replies, 6331 Views

Hey Guys T-R-Y Here!

I'm starting on cleaning out my garage on Sunday to make room for 4x16 Ft Plarail TrackMaster layout! I have been wanting to do this for along time and now I'm starting it but I don't have too many ideas for the layout. I want something packed with track and that's what I plan on having but I'm stumped on the rest. Does anyone have ideas for the main track plan? I have tons of Trackmaster track but I want some Plarail scenes and maybe stations in too. Does anyone know any layout ideas or suggestions for the main thing?
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2014, 02:05 AM by Trackmaster-Rail-Yard.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine
First, I would cover the entire borders with tracks and work my way from there based on the assumption that you want to maximize the use of your table or space. If you have the tomy track adaptors, use them. Tomy tracks have more varieties
(double crossover, duel curve tracks, etc).

You may also want to ask yourself what kind of theme you want to create. For example, if I want a 1950 or older era, I would need at least one coal hopper for the tender engines, water towers, et cetera.

Your layout should able to fit a trackmaster Knapford station. The trackmaster version is huge!!!!!
I may try that! Thanks leyland!
Wow, 4 x 16 foot is going to be quite the layout. I love the engineering of a layout, its my favorite part of these toys. What I would do is to just start laying track. Let your minds imagination guide you as you go along. Let the layout create a life of its own. Keep in mind that as you go you will be stopping and rearranging as new ideas develop because of what you have done. Step back as you progress and take a good look at what you have done and what is left of the table. Take your time, be patient as you will change it. It is a fun time and I am envious of the good time you are going to have. Even after you are done you will make more changes. Please take pictures for us as you go, I would love to watch as you go along.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
You got it Super!
Hi Trackmaster-Rail-Yard, I suggest maybe draw what you want to do and then try to get everything you need for it. I am also going to build a big layout when I can have some space. I am thinking of following ucwepn's layout a little bit. And if you need to, these trains fit well with HO scale accessories.
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard