My oo guage collection

6 Replies, 1413 Views

Each year I may post the new models I have got that year. Here are my locos

[Image: DSC-1130.jpg]
Railroad A1 Flying Scotsman(First model)
[Image: DSC-1133.jpg]
B17?2 Kilverstone hall (Favorite loco)
[Image: DSC-1134.jpg]
J36
[Image: DSC-1135.jpg]
J83
[Image: DSC-1136.jpg]
A4 Silver fox
[Image: DSC-1138.jpg]
Holden 101 TRURO
[Image: DSC-1139.jpg]
King class King Charles II
[Image: DSC-1141.jpg]
B12 (fictional livery)
[Image: DSC-1161.jpg]
Br standard 7mt Venus
[Image: DSC-1144.jpg]
BR standard 9f Evening star (First locomotive with the ringfield motor. It's not a runner as I need to re-solder a wire)
[Image: DSC-1145.jpg]
Ex-LMS Princess Royal Princess Elizabeth
[Image: DSC-1146.jpg]
LMS Fowler 4p Tank
[Image: DSC-1147.jpg]
Ex-Caledonian Single in LMS crimson lake 
[Image: DSC-1148.jpg]
Br blue 08 (My oldest loco, I repainted the soulbar black and did some weathering)
[Image: DSC-1149.jpg]
Br blue class 45 Manchester regiment (only non-Hornby loco, as it's from Mainline)
[Image: DSC-1150.jpg]
Br green class 35 Hymek
[Image: DSC-1160.jpg]
Thomas (New version)
[Image: DSC-1152.jpg]
Edward (New version)
[Image: DSC-1154.jpg]
Henry (New version)
[Image: DSC-1156.jpg]
Gordon (Old version)
[Image: DSC-1157.jpg]
James (Old version. I need to replace his commutator)
[Image: DSC-1158.jpg]
Percy (New version)

I also now have The Hornby Legends A1 Flying Scotsman
The magic of the GWR
Love those Steamers 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
What a nice looking fleet you've got so far. All the regular engines look splendid, and the revamped Hornby Thomas line clearly has better colours than the original batch. Will you show any coaches, trucks or peripherals in (an)other thread(s) or in this one?
I mostly have coaches, but can take some quik photos
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 2 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Lovely collection! 😊
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Here's the rolling stock:

First The coaches

MK1 coaches:
[Image: DSC-1224.jpg]
2 composites in crimson and cream
[Image: DSC-1225.jpg]
1 break in crimson and cream (All 3 are from the Bristolian train pack)
[Image: DSC-1226.jpg]
1 composite in chocolate and cream
[Image: DSC-1227.jpg]
1 break in chocolate and cream
[Image: DSC-1228.jpg]
1 baggage/full break coach in chocolate and cream
[Image: DSC-1229.jpg]

[Image: DSC-1231.jpg]
1 Buffet in chocolate and cream (all these 4 coaches were bought in a lot with the class 35, in almost unused condition for aprox. $100)
[Image: DSC-1232.jpg]
1 Intercity blue and gray composite
[Image: DSC-1233.jpg]
1 Intercity blue and gray break(Both are mainline and they came with the class 45 in a set, witch I was barely able to find any info on. I do own the box but it's very worn, but I'm keeping it as it seams to be quite rare. The mainline wheels are awful! The have SO MUCH drag)

Other:
[Image: DSC-1236.jpg]
2 composite LNER teaks
[Image: DSC-1237.jpg]
1 break LNER teak (I got the with silver fox in a train pack and I desperately need to get some more, as I have so many LNER locos now)
[Image: DSC-1238.jpg]
2 identical railroad LMS composite coaches (Both have the same running number and I may change that in the future)
[Image: DSC-1239.jpg]
1 LMS break
[Image: DSC-1240.jpg]
1 SODOR MAIL operating coach that came in the Percy and the mail train set
[Image: DSC-1241.jpg]
1 composite crimson and cream clerestory coach from The Anglian train set
[Image: DSC-1242.jpg]
1 break clerestory in crimson and cream
[Image: DSC-1243.jpg]
Annie and Clarabel (Got them in the Thomas' goods and passenger train set)
[Image: DSC-1244.jpg]
1 regular green coach

Trucks and others:

[Image: DSC-1245.jpg]
2 red wagons
[Image: DSC-1247.jpg]
Troublesome trucks #1 and #2 
[Image: DSC-1248.jpg]
2 GWR vans, one in brown and one in black
[Image: DSC-1250.jpg]
The Hornby  Retro wagons pack (The retro in the name, probably refers to the the age of the toolings for the vans and tanker, however Hornby placed these in their main range with some packaging that was designed to protect detailed models, witch these aren't. If you want a set, the RRP is: 54 pounds 49 )
[Image: DSC-1253.jpg]
A lowmac
[Image: DSC-1255.jpg]
A 20T BR break van
[Image: DSC-1256.jpg]
My repainted crane
The magic of the GWR
[-] The following 4 users Like Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super
Nice collection you got coming there, got most of the main British Outline types which is good. I found it interesting that you named the 'Hall Class' as your favourite loco, curiously my first 'big' loco as opposed to tank engines and diesels was a Hornby 'Hall Class', specifically 'Kneller Hall'. Being a kid with two younger brothers as you can imagine the rolling stock was always in use and got quite abused overall. Regardless none of the lcoo's we had ever let us down which is amazing if you think about it, many years of use etc...

Then as time went by and my thoughts moved from toys onto more interesting things they got forgotten and consigned to the toy cupboard, eventually one of my brothers ended up taking them all when he moved out (bit of a git as they weren't his in the first place lol). So when I got back into model trains as I got older and the novelty of the 'more interesting things' wore off a bit I started to buy new trains etc... Way more than I had when I was a kid as I could afford it whereas back in the day my parents couldn't although they did get us what they could. But I always hankered after a replacement 'Kneller Hall' as although I have lots of nicer (in terms of detail) and grander in terms of engine class I still wanted a replacement of my original loco from my childhood days.

So it came with great delight that in 2021 I finally managed to find a nice example on eBay, it had taken me years as being quite an old model most offerings out there were as badly abused as my fondly remembered model. So I was overjoyed when I finally located an auction for one that was totally mint and boxed, so much so that it looked like it had never been run or if so probably only test run. I was even happier when I won the auction and at a very reasonable price, not to mention when it turned up and was as good in the flesh as it had looked online. So despite all the expensive models I have this rather humble loco is still one of my most treasured ones.

The moral here is that often our favourites don't need to be expensive as sometimes it is the sentimental value that is the important thing...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Nigels's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Super