BPT Now Totally Unusable For Me.

11 Replies, 1016 Views

If I'm lucky I can see about 1/5 of my display is BPT, the other 4/5 is adverts. I can't be doing with this so I'll take some time out and see if there's any change in a week or two.  A typical example screen-grab:

[Image: image.png]

If one of the Admins has access to the Dude, can you please find out what's going on?
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2023, 11:40 AM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 5 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • ariatabs, DuckGWR, generic_truck_69420, Super, Tharazero1
Has anyone else got this problem, or is it just me? Some feedback appreciated.

[Image: image.png]

Pie looks good though.
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2023, 08:38 AM by chrisjo.)
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • ariatabs, MuddyPoppins, Super
Oh, my that looks terrible. Sorry that I haven't addressed this as its the start of High School Football (the real Football...trigger, trigger, trigger LOL) here in the States.

I know of one other member that has an ad problem too and coincidentally he also is in the UK, not that it is the underlining problem. I will look into this and see what can be done as that mess is unacceptable. In the mean time, as Chrisjo asks, it would be helpful if the membership can all comment on whether they see a change in their viewing the site or not. Even if you aren't having problems it may help.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Look so I am not entirely sure how to fix that without completely removing ads, the intention is not to flood users with ads Google places those ads like that. I haven't seen it be that bad.

You can try and switch to the classic theme which has less ads.
[-] The following 2 users Like thehsvdude's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
I use BPT Classic Format and only get the top of the site ad and the bottom screen ad which even has an arrow to make it go away. I don't use any ad blockers and as I type this I see no ads, I think it's a problem with the new website layout because classic only has those two ads I pictured. Hope this helps!

[Image: silverwood-ads.png]
TrackMaster Expert (kinda)
[-] The following 2 users Like Splodge's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Classic theme is much better because when I scroll down the huge ad at the top disappears off the top of the screen. It stays where it is on the new theme. Thanks for the suggestion.
[-] The following 4 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DuckGWR, Splodge, Super, thehsvdude
Personally, I hope the Classic Theme never goes away 😁
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, PJ100001, Splodge
Without ad's paying for the website would be impossible I am however working on fixes for this particular issue.
[-] The following 2 users Like thehsvdude's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
I just can't imagine how Google or whoever thought that plastering all those Ad's all over a Web page making it unbearable to view, is a good business model. Who is going to actually look at the Ads when they can't even read what they went to the site for.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Splodge
Unfortunately, those are the things you have to deal with Google it's always changing,. I know my sites have the bottom google ads but not the top portion and it's the top that takes a lot of space for BPT.

With that being said, if you are having problems viewing the site, then use a browser like Opera or Brave versus Firefox or Chrome for desktop or mobile.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KNDYNT2099's post:
  • Super