OpenRailwayMap

3 Replies, 322 Views

OpenRailwayMap - an absolutely awesome project started 10 years ago that aims to map every railway line in the world, past and present, in some cases it has it down to every switch, signal, milestone and siding.

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DuckGWR, GreatGordonFan, Mister No, Super
This is really something. In my city (Zagreb, Croatia), I found not only all railway tracks, but also all tram lines, including specially marked temporarily inactive, designed (proposed but not yet built) lines, as well as those abandoned more than 50 years ago! Precisely, with every tram station, switch, parallel track, etc. Even the (very short) city funicular is indicated!
It goes straight to favorites. Excellent work.

Thank you Chris!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
(This post was last modified: 10-21-2023, 01:04 PM by Mister No.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
My partner found this project on the net while planning our next vacation, I didn't even know it existed! How has it never appeared in Google searches when I've been looking for railway maps in the past?
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
That's what I was wondering too. I search a lot of maps of railways, trams, etc. (I'm a bit of a freak about those maps) and I've never, not even on a forum, come across this. Cheers to your partner! Great find!  Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super