Annoying YouTube

12 Replies, 937 Views

Anyone else annoyed with the new, at least new to me, YouTube Ads or is it just me?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
They are extremely annoying. Thats why I have regular adblock + adblock for youtube installed. When they are both on, they are pretty effective at removing ads. Definitely reccomend.

[Image: adblock.png]
Train it, plane it, you name it!
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2024, 05:04 PM by GreatGordonFan.)
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
I have always used AdBlock Plus GGF and up until the last several days has blocked everything and still does. Whats happening now is I get these Ads as soon as I click on another video and most of them can be skipped after 5 seconds but it is really annoying when research numerous channels or if you pause a video it reappears when resuming. Sometimes there is an ad that says your video will start after the message and can't be skipped.

GGF, you say "When they are both on" what do you mean both?
  • DalaGStanator
What I mean Super is this: when normal adblock is enabled on youtube, youtube blocks it. However I found this special adblocker that works on youtube and I enable both it and the regular one when browsing youtube.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2024, 08:54 PM by GreatGordonFan.)
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Thats not working on my PC. Adblock Plus is on and I have the Block Ads on Youtube ticked on so I am not sure what my difference is to yours.
  • DalaGStanator
Add this new ab to your browser.

I have regular ab installed but I found this one specifically to be used on YT. I now have 2 different adblocks on my browser.
Regular AB wont work on YT anymore as they are fighting against it.

Tell me what browser do you use and I will send a link to it.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2024, 09:18 PM by GreatGordonFan.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
This is just YouTube getting greedy as they now offer an 'ads free' feed for a subscription charge...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
On my mobile device (which runs Safari; no ad blocker installed), simply refreshing a video page stops an ad from appearing again or another one being generated instead. An "alternative front end" like Invidious will not show any ads at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
@GGF
I thought there was a regular AdBlocker App and also the one I have which is AdBlocker Plus both are branded as such and by the same developer. Thank you though as because of you I looked into what I have deeper and noticed that there was an UpDate available for my AdBlocker Plus and after installing that those ads at the beginning of the videos disappeared. Thanks for your help 😃

@Nigels
Hi Buddy ✌

@LaG
Thanks for the suggestion 👍
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, GreatGordonFan
(03-04-2024, 01:36 PM)Super Wrote: I noticed that there was an UpDate available for my AdBlocker Plus and after installing that those ads at the beginning of the videos disappeared.

Sounds about right. My ABP blocked YouTube ads for a long time, then it didn't and YouTube wouldn't run at all as long as it was enabled.  I just tried re-enabling it and now I have ad-free YouTube again.  It's an ongoing battle between the two, which will no doubt result in one or the other getting the upper hand from time to time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super