Pictures of ROCKINATOR'S Whole Layout

32 Replies, 33724 Views

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 176.46 KB / Downloads: 134) Doing this thread instead of my modded thomas. Oh well. As requested by Super, he wanted to see my whole layout. So I was running all the locos and road vehicles.(got Harold's flying motor working with a few "Ucwepn" taps) and as I told Super it is a lot darker at the sheds then the tunnel. Hopefully that problem will be fixed by the end of next week.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2014, 12:43 AM by ROCKINATOR.)
[-] The following 2 users Like ROCKINATOR's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
looks good! wher are the houses from closest to the camera?
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • ROCKINATOR
They are homemade I'm guessing, got them from a friend of mine for free the whole lot of them
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • sunhuntin
Oh, that is very nice Rockinator. I too like those buildings. For home made they look awesome. Is this a dedicated train room in a finished loft?

[Image: double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ROCKINATOR
Yes super just a train room. I need to get more straights and another table for expansion to the other side of the room. Going to have most of my filming done on the other side for lighting and scenery reasons. And not a loft, second floor of the house.wouldnt do a train layout in a loft just yet. But will eventually need more room to expand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROCKINATOR's post:
  • Super
That is superb! I love your rolling stock and your scenery!
Why thank you! I don't have much for rolling stock, mainly troublesome trucks and a few coaches. And I am on the hunt when I'm in town for any scenery I can get my hands on. Hoping to buy some more trees and felt sometime soon.
UPDATE:
I am currently in the process of redesigning my layout. Any ideas?

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 148.03 KB / Downloads: 98)
What I like to do is construct a layout with a mind of its own. By that I mean just start laying track and it will dictate where it will go and what it will look like. Only you know what type buildings you have and how you might like them to be placed. Just dive in and let it flow. Of course you will lay some track and at the same time undo what you already did as it will change as new ideas come into your head as you see what is developing. I love this part of design so just don't rush it. May take days as new ideas will pop into your mind at the strangest times. Like when you sleep, waiting in line or driving somewhere. Most importantly have fun and always be open to making changes. Thats what is so great about these Tomy/Plarail/Trackmaster stuff, its made to be changed, unlike the layouts of the HO, O scale modelers. Keeps us informed to help others as some of the best creations come from a combination of things seen in other peoples layouts.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Oh yea super a lot of people's layout plans come from others layouts and instruction manuals from sets. I'm very limited to space is my main problem. so most of my ideas, like a shunting yard, get pushed out the window.