Snow Plow Set

14 Replies, 16375 Views

I need some advice, the Donald and Douglas Snow Plow Set is in the mail from Japan. My friend in Japan just contacted me saying that the original seller is "my best translation" sad that he sold the set to me, and that he would like it back, and is willing to pay all shipping and send a new set in its place. What do ya'll think is going on here? I'm no expert in these sets and just felt lucky that I stumbled across this one. Please advise, Mike
Mike Arnett Customthomas
Well, I wouldn't want to tick him off, but tell him in nice words that you have been looking for this set and that you would like to keep it. And tell him you will send something to him in return. (A couple green coaches or something that he would want) and if you are lucky, you will get to keep the set. The Donald and Douglas snowplow set is extremely rare and I wouldnt suggest ripping him off, but at least try to keep the set.
Proud owner of Tomy/Plarail trains. Cool
Rock, I have already paid him for the set last week, and it is in customs at LAX now. He has already received my payment. Now he wants it back, but has a new D&D Snow Plow Set still in plastic bags that he wants to trade for it. It just doesn't make any sense to me, why he wants this set back vise just keeping the new set. He would have to pay triple international shipping if I return this set to him. Mike
Mike Arnett Customthomas
He might want to do the old switcheroo! for a normal D&D or the old paypal scam. Sounds extremely suspect and I would just keep the one you have arriving.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, MuddyPoppins
sounds very suspect if you are happy with the set when it arrives and he has gotten the monetary sum you both agreed on, I would call it a completed transaction case closed.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Ucwepn
Thanks for your advice Geris, I do think that's the best coarse of action.

ucwpen could you elaborate further on the old switcheroo I don't have any idea of what the scam is or if it has already happen to me and I'm too green to know its happen.
Mike Arnett Customthomas
i wouldnt make any reply until you have the first set, in your hot little hand. are you emailing the seller directly or through your friend? if direct, i would just stop emailing when the set arrives.
if you do decide to swap, ask for a photo of the set next to something like a newpaper that shows the days date. you can also right click a photo and under properties it shows the date a photo was taken.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, MuddyPoppins
(03-18-2015, 05:54 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: i wouldnt make any reply until you have the first set, in your hot little hand. are you emailing the seller directly or through your friend? if direct, i would just stop emailing when the set arrives.
if you do decide to swap, ask for a photo of the set next to something like a newpaper that shows the days date. you can also right click a photo and under properties it shows the date a photo was taken.

I'm emailing through my friend. What is the switcheroo ucwpen talked about? Mike
Mike Arnett Customthomas
He may be referring to the switching of an authentic train with something that is not or is of lesser quality.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
(03-18-2015, 06:49 PM)Super Wrote: He may be referring to the switching of an authentic train with something that is not or is of lesser quality.

Okay. When the set arrives I will post pics, and ask for ya'll's opinions. Yes "ya'll's" is a real word where I come from. PGM
Mike Arnett Customthomas