Blue Plastic Tracks
Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Printable Version

+- Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org)
+-- Forum: Blue Plastic Tracks (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-36.html)
+--- Forum: Takara/TOMY/Plarail/Tomica world (https://www.blueplastictracks.org/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES (/thread-118.html)

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - chrisjo - 01-30-2024

R-29 S-shaped rail geometry:

[Image: IMG-0052.webp]

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Super - 01-30-2024

So not for anything specific. Wonder why the the Listing disappeared?

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - HanoibusGamer - 01-31-2024

Interesting rail to have. Essentially R-13 without the need to lock one end.

I don't think they really shown a good example for the use of the new rail.
My idea is having one side of the double rail raised, then use R-29 to put one rails on top of another.

The new Shinkansen E8 is great with magnet coupler already built in. Hope to see a standalone version soon.

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp - 01-31-2024

They seam quite useful, just wish they were the standard blue colour

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Super - 01-31-2024

OMG...I didn't pick up on that D9D...I assumed that they just showed them in a darker color in the images so the viewer could pick them out but they look like that in the two images of the E8 sets. Hope they are not the darker color but more like the last image here.

[Image: IMG-0052.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0048j.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0051.webp]

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - chrisjo - 01-31-2024

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Super - 01-31-2024

Thanks Dr Chris. I am holding out a slim hope that the actual released ones are not the dark blue as in the promotional videos that may be highlighting them to show something new but I guess we won't know for sure until the various YouTubers show what they bought in their videos. If they are truly Dark Blue then I wonder why they would put out a photo showing 4 of them in Tomy Blue???

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - chrisjo - 01-31-2024

I wonder. Is it possible that the ones in the E8 set are dark blue, but the regular R-29 are sky blue? I’d like to think so. What are the odds on them making some grey ones for Super?

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - KNDYNT2099 - 01-31-2024

Probably will get the first two. S-29 looks cool but I can accomplish that already via the Magarail R-23.

(11-30-2023, 06:25 PM)Mister No Wrote: Beautiful trains, I have an earlier edition of all three (blue with Lions). But both the yellow and red ones had some branding too that will now, it seems, be removed.
Also, the red one was in Keikyu colour scheme, I think, and now will look quite different...

[Image: IMG-20200224-190941.jpg]

I was about to pull the trigger and realize that the three Seibu Railway 9000 set looks quite plain versus what you have on your photo (which looks so much better).  It's like going backward in a sense and removing the cool factor of the 9000 series.

RE: Plarail TOMY Thomas NEW RELEASES - Super - 02-01-2024

(01-31-2024, 07:15 PM)chrisjo Wrote: What are the odds on them making some grey ones for Super?

I vote for Super getting grey ones.....vote for Super....vote for Super!!!