What did you do to your trains today?

576 Replies, 588465 Views

[Image: clapping-hands-above-head-smiley-emoticon.gif] Awesome, I love it. Brings life and simulated movement to your model setup. I can only suggest a sign naming the station stop. Nice work, are you having fun?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Very much so! Sadly the clearing of the area of the tables where the layout is has been halted due to weather. Currently I'm just getting buildings and figures ready.
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
Filmed a vid today called customs #6 so that has been long awaited haha. Also my 2nd metallic Lord Harry has arrived but I was not home to sign for it but will collect it from the post office this afternoon. Expect a video showcase of all 10 ultra rare ERTL metallic engines soon Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • Super, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Did some stuff on a couple of customs, basically working on Skarloey and Rheneas (they are narrow gauge engines). Added some handrails and I have now run out of those so need to order more so I can finish them off.

[Image: 10527784_945660665460944_869783431233145529_n.jpg]

[Image: 10641226_945660702127607_4660970541146334630_n.jpg]

[Image: 10678508_945660735460937_5900208457094501547_n.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • emilyfan101, HankAmericanEngine, Nickel, sunhuntin, Super
Looking good. Did you add the front cab windows also? Where do you get those handrail kits from as I like them? Good thing you don't have risers to go under in your layout. You are the smokestack king!

[Image: you-rock-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Hand rails/grab irons are here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/hornby-oo-spa...25944b20a2

Yes the funnels are tall but these locos are way oversized so it's hard to make them look accurate without the huge stacks hehe, So while seeing the locomotives by themselves they might look a little strange but they are double the size they should be Big Grin

[Image: PeterSamandtheRefreshmentLady3.jpg]

[Image: ThomasandSkarloeysBigDayOut22.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Super
Thanks Ucwepn

I see the handrails are for OO scale, is that scale actually smaller than HO. Looks like they have quite a lot of OO scale parts there. Is that also where you get your metal bumpers?
Yes they are called spun alloy buffers or similar, can't quite remember but I have seen them much cheaper elsewhere in larger packs. OO is slightly larger than HO but use the same gauge of track. OO is almost TOMY/Trackmaster size so it works out very well Big Grin
Thanks for the info Ucwepn. I don't know why I always assumed that OO was smaller than HO and always ignored that gauge when looking for parts, scenery and buildings when in fact its just what I am looking for as HO is a tad bit too small. Silly me, I have always wondered why they didn't have a gauge between HO and O scale and for all this time they did. It also looks like there is a On30 scale that fits that too.
Today I did some rusting and weathering to Big Beutifal Doll. I added some foliage and weathered the main body as well as add an ho scale figure. More work is needed however so we will see how it ends !

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 177.5 KB / Downloads: 60)
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
[-] The following 4 users Like Trackmaster-Rail-Yard's post:
  • emilyfan101, HankAmericanEngine, Nickel, Super