What did you do to your trains today?

576 Replies, 583404 Views

As far as the Smokebox door I have been getting them from THIS UK Ebay seller. If you find an outlet here in the States please let me know. Don't assume the door I linked you too is the one I used on our Hiro as I can't remember which one. Once you have removed Hiros face plate, measure the inside and outside diameter in mm's and then compare to the measurements in the various listings. If I remember correctly I found one that almost fit perfectly as you can see from the picture below.

As to making your own decals, I have found that the ones using ink jet printers will not show up very well on dark surfaces like black. The same holds true in using clear glossy labels. Best you go with the professional decal like the Microscale like I use. You also have to be careful of those selling custom decals on Ebay as a lot are the same as using decal sheets for the ink jet printers. I buy mine from THIS Ebay seller. I buy both "HO" and "N" gauge for these trains as some HO decals are a tad too big in size.

Can't wait to see the finished custom Hank!

[Image: 002_zps993c977e.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Messages In This Thread
What did you do to your trains today? - by Ucwepn - 05-19-2014, 06:31 AM
RE: What did you do to your trains today? - by Super - 09-28-2014, 02:24 AM